1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 3, 2010 5:19 PM by Naveen Anne

Live browse not working - Error in the log

Naveen Anne

I have two application servers installed on Windows 2008 SP2 x64 servers. I am able to live browse all servers when I log into Server2 as BLAdmin. When I log into Server1 as BLAdmin and try to live browse a server, nothing is displayed except the `Live`icon. ACLs are same on both the application servers and BLAdmin is mapped to Administrator/root on all the agents.

I see the following error message in console.log in Server1 -

================================================================================

[30 Aug 2010 15:42:58,795] [Client-Connections-Thread-0]

[ERROR] [BLAdmin:BLAdmins:10.77.76.25] [Client] Failed to parse request; error msg = Unknown request id : com.bladelogic.app.api.BlAssetService_getRootCollectionsForHost(int)
      com.bladelogic.mfw.util.BlException: Failed to parse request; error msg = Unknown request id : com.bladelogic.app.api.BlAssetService_getRootCollectionsForHost(int)
      at com.bladelogic.message.app.frame.APIMessageFrame.service(APIMessageFrame.java:79)
      at com.bladelogic.mfw.net.ClientWorkerThread.processRequest(ClientWorkerThread.java:370)
      at com.bladelogic.mfw.net.ClientWorkerThread.processClientRequest(ClientWorkerThread.java:280)
      at com.bladelogic.mfw.net.ClientWorkerThread.handleClientRequest(ClientWorkerThread.java:180)
      at com.bladelogic.mfw.net.ClientWorkerThread.execute(ClientWorkerThread.java:99)
      at com.bladelogic.mfw.net.ClientWorkerThread.execute(ClientWorkerThread.java:25)
      at com.bladelogic.app.service.thread.BlBlockingThread.run(BlBlockingThread.java:92)

=================================================================================

There are no error messages when I browse through Server2. The user I am logging in as has same permissions on Server1 and Server2. I still believe this is related to permissions on Server1.

Any ideas regarding this error message? Ideally, I would like to know which file is the BlAssetService and where is it located? I checked the deployments folder and it`s not under any of the deployments.