1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 30, 2010 1:31 PM by Naveen Anne

Unable to run the Shavlik packager for generating deployment batch files

Hi,

I am getting the error "Unable to run the Shavlik packager for generating deployment batch files" when i tried to create a BLPackage for the august month patches that are released.

After the analysis job from the object view i have created hotfix for the ptches and from the hotfixes i have created blpackages based on the platfrom (i mean win2k3 32 bit 64 bit and win2k8 64 bit....) and then created deploy jobs and finally included all the deploy jobs in a Batch job and executed.

Finlly i could see an error with exit code=4001

Please help me on this

• 1. Re: Unable to run the Shavlik packager for generating deployment batch files
          Naveen Anne

Satish

There could be various reasons why this is failing -

1. First and foremost, make sure your agent version matches with that of your application server.

2. Then test the packaging portion of it by creating simple blpackages using normal file.

3. Check your permissions on the file storage where the physical packages are stored and make sure appropriate permissions are enforced.

4. Try creating one blpackage with one hotfix - First download the hotfix - make sure download part is working properly - then deploy it. Approaching the issue this way will help you isolate the stage where it is failing.

5. Finally, look at the appserver.log and console.log for warnings and error messages.

1 of 1 people found this helpful