1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 9, 2010 2:11 PM by Bill Robinson

Extended Property for an existing server

Mohammad Tanveer

I am trying to add an instance of a custom class to a server property by using the CLI.

I have following structure in the Property Dictionary:

SystemObject -> Custom Property Classes -> APP-LIN-Owner -> GPS -> KIRH 51 -> su24sr10.csintra.net

The last mentioned su24sr10.csintra.net is an instance within the KIRH 51 subclass.

After creating that instance within the Property Dictionary's Subclass I would like to  set the Extended Property for an existing server (su24sr10.csintra.net) to be the created instance. If I do this manually in the GUI I "select a value for complex type".

I tried to run following command:

blcli_execute Server setPropertyValueByName su24sr10.csintra.net APP-LIN-Owner "//SystemObject/APP-LIN-Owner/GPS/KIRH 51/su24sr10.csintra.net"

The error message says: Illegal Qualified Property Class Name //SystemObject/APP-LIN-Owner/GPS/KIRH 51

I suppose  the Argument with Name "valueAsString" is probably wrong. But I can't find any help which tells me how to pass a subclass as property value.

I have tried following different types of defining the subclass which all ended in the above mentioned error:

*   /GPS/KIRH 51/su24sr10.csintra.net
      *   APP-LIN-Owner/GPS/KIRH 51/su24sr10.csintra.net
      *   /APP-LIN-Owner/GPS/KIRH 51/su24sr10.csintra.net
      *   //APP-LIN-Owner/GPS/KIRH 51/su24sr10.csintra.net
      *   /SystemObject/APP-LIN-Owner/GPS/KIRH 51/su24sr10.csintra.net
      *   //SystemObject/APP-LIN-Owner/GPS/KIRH 51/su24sr10.csintra.net

Could you please tell me how to specify the value that I can add it to the complex type which instantiates the instance within the prop dictionary?

Server setPropertyValueByName engWin2k3Aut1 is_approved <true>