1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 1, 2010 3:42 AM by Paul Seager-Smith

Catalog Update Fails

Edwin Lindeman

I know I've seen some postings at  times that catalog fails but recently on my machines I've been trying to  update the Patch Catalog for RedHat and I keep getting this error  messages like below.

Warning    Jun 30, 2010 10:02:44 PM    Error while  downloading payload for rpm :  kernel-headers-2.6.18-194.3.1.el5.i386.rpm,  com.bmc.sa.patchfeed.FeedException: Error occurred while downloading the  patch, retries completed.
      Info    Jun 30, 2010 10:02:40 PM    Added  new rpm : gdb-7.0.1-23.el5_5.1.i386.rpm to the catalog
      Warning    Jun  30, 2010 10:02:40 PM    Error while downloading payload for rpm :  gdb-7.0.1-23.el5_5.1.i386.rpm, com.bmc.sa.patchfeed.FeedException: Error  occurred while downloading the patch, retries completed.
      Info    Jun  30, 2010 10:02:29 PM    Added new rpm :  mozldap-devel-6.0.5-1.el5.i386.rpm to the catalog
      Warning    Jun 30,  2010 10:02:28 PM    Error while downloading payload for rpm :  mozldap-devel-6.0.5-1.el5.i386.rpm, com.bmc.sa.patchfeed.FeedException:  Error occurred while downloading the patch, retries completed.

so it errors  out while attempting to download patch then moments later isucceeds.  The catalog updates with warnings. Which concerns me cause isnt there a  flag set when you analyze that it looks for a succesful catalog update  before it will analyze a machine? I tried analyzing a machine and it  says success but never really anaylzes the machine.

any insight  on this?'

• 1. Re: Catalog Update Fails
          Paul Seager-Smith

We were hitting problems with this too. We then manually logged into the RHN account defined for BladeLogic and noticed that it was asking us to accept new terms and conditions. Once we had done this once, further logins did not request this and the BL downloads started working again.

It is worth trying to log in manually to your RHN account.