2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 1, 2010 9:11 AM by Chad Wolf

Need help with Exit code pls

Trying to deploy a BLPackage to 2 different 2003 servers... BladeLogic Configuration Manager Version 7.6.0.189 ... the same deployment works on other servers... these two always come back with this at the commit stage, yet pass the simulate stage if I use it.

Error Jun 30, 2010 11:52:06 AM Execute of command failed 
      Error Jun 30, 2010 11:52:06 AM Could not start applicatio 
      Error Jun 30, 2010 11:52:07 AM APPLY failed for server $$$$$$$$$. Exit code = -5000 
      Info Jun 30, 2010 11:52:04 AM Started running the deploy step job 'Deploy Jun 2010 Gold Disk E Drive->Deploy Jun 2010 Gold Disk E Drive' on application server '**********-job1'(2,036,000) against target server '$$$$$$$$' 
      Info Jun 30, 2010 11:52:07 AM The job 'Deploy Jun 2010 Gold Disk E Drive->Deploy Jun 2010 Gold Disk E Drive' has failed on server $$$$$$$$

Replaced my apps server (with the BLPackage) with ******'s and the servername of the target to $$$$$$$$.

I can NSH into the server, I can navigate through the live server menu and filesystem in Config Manager. I just don't understand what is going wrong here.

Any help would be appreciated. 
      Thanks,

Chad

• 1. Re: Need help with Exit code pls
          Joshua Skirde

Hi Chad,

Take a look on the destination endpoints under <rscd_install_path>/Transaction/log (usually /usr/nsh/Transaction/log) and look for the bldeploy log for your package. This log will contain the exact commands executed on the remote host and any stdout / stderr returned from those commands. It should give you an idea of what returned the exit code.

Kind regards,

Joshua

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Need help with Exit code pls

I figured it out...

Someone had pushed out the v8.0 agent to these two machines, and trying to push files using a 7.6 configuration manager to a 8.0 will result in this error.

Chad