2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 25, 2010 7:05 AM by Sandeep Bhutani

How to change owner of multiple files of folder in BL Package

Hi,

I have asked this question in other community but did not get a satisfactory solution. Please help me here.

I am adding folder having multiple files to BL Package. I need to change ownerOption and groupOption of directory and each file under it to ignore. I can't do any chown etc on the source filesystem.

Please suggest me how can I change the properties of all files in a folder from GUI or while creating package.

Thanks.

• 1. Re: How to change owner of multiple files of folder in BL Package

The easiest thing to do would be to tar the source directory then deploy and untar it.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: How to change owner of multiple files of folder in BL Package

Hi,

The way is to use the replace feature inside a BL package right-clicking on the parent directory where you want the replacement happens and putting the right options as shown in the screenshot:

Screenshot.png

The issue is that replacing does not work on parameters that are selsect list but it should work so you need to open a case on support.

I understand that this will not resolve your issue now.

To do it an other way should be in the creation package options when you're not requiring to collect ACL (default option) but this is not working as you get the apply to permission, ownership and group, an other case to open...

Sorry, this is not resolving your issue right now, the only way is to open cases and wait for a fix.

1 of 1 people found this helpful