3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 18, 2010 5:59 AM by Bill Robinson

UCS Information

Could any one tell me what Bladelogic version and modules are used for UCS, is it a 'light' or full version, in other words if a client has UCS do they have full blown Bladelogic Server Automation?

Thanks

Shawn

• 1. Re: UCS Information
          Bill Robinson

The 8.0 version works w/ UCS.  It's the full version of the product.

• 2. Re: UCS Information

Thanks Bill,

Would this full version include the configuration, provisioning and compliance module, in essence the 'Bladelogic Server Automation Suite', so this would enable them to use blade to do configuration management/automation, provisioning and compliance across their entire server estate, they would just have to purchase additional licenses?

If they purchased UCS last year before the release of 8 they would have only got configuration and provisioning....correct?

Thanks

Shawn

• 3. Re: UCS Information
              Bill Robinson

on a technical level, there is no separation between the product modules - it's not a separate install for the 'compliance module' than for the 'configuration module'.  but licence wise, those modules are separate.  i'm not sure what the ucs/bladelogic licensing includes.  a sales rep could better answer that question (cisco or bmc). 

i think you are right about ucs = config+prov but i'd check w/ an account rep w/ the customer.

1 of 1 people found this helpful