3 Replies Latest reply on May 27, 2010 5:35 AM by Fred Breton

Bladelogic Application Release Automation ( Phurnace) - System Requirement

Siddu angadi

Hi,

Can anyone let me know following querries for Bladelogic Application Release Automation ( Phurnace)?

1. System Requirement
        2. Ports details and firewall changes to be made
        3. Network changes to be made

Thanks

Kind Regards

Angadi

• 1. Re: Bladelogic Application Release Automation ( Phurnace) - System Requirement

You could find those info in the user guide:

Supported Platforms

BMC BladeLogic Application Release Automation supports the following application server platforms:

• IBM® WebSphere® 5.1

• IBM WebSphere 6.0

• IBM WebSphere 6.1

• IBM WebSphere 7.0

• IBM WebSphere Virtual Enterprise 6.1

• Oracle® WebLogic® Server 8.1

• Oracle WebLogic Server 9.2

Installing BMC BladeLogic

Application Release Automation

• Oracle WebLogic Server 10.0

• Oracle Application Server 10g R3

• Red Hat® JBoss Application Server 4.2

• Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 4.3

BMC BladeLogic Application Release Automation supports the following portal platforms:

• IBM WebSphere Portal 5.1

• IBM WebSphere Portal 6.0

• IBM WebSphere Portal 6.1

You install BMC BladeLogic Application Release Automation on your administrative workstation, which

can have one of these operating systems:

• Red Hat Enterprise Linux® 4

• IBM AIX 5L™ Version 5.3

• Windows® XP

• Windows Vista®

For more up-to-date information about supported platforms, check the BMC website at

www.phurnace.com.

Prerequisites

Linux and AIX systems must have a JRE version 1.5 or later installed to execute the BMC BladeLogic

Application Release Automation installer or uninstaller, and to run BMC BladeLogic Application Release

Automation. The JAVA_HOME environment variable must be set to the location of the JRE.

Your workstation must have an installation for each application server vendor and version that

you want to access with BMC BladeLogic Application Release Automation. You do not have to run

application servers on the workstation, but BMC BladeLogic Application Release Automation requires

read access to files in the application server installation directory. The libraries BMC BladeLogic

Application Release Automation requires for WebSphere on Windows are freely distributable and can

be installed through BMC BladeLogic Application Release Automation, so you are not required to install

WebSphere on your Windows workstation. To accomplish this, in the Application Automation Console,

select Help > Search for Updates and select the library for your WebSphere version from the list of

features that are available to install

About, port, network, firewall, the machine on which you install Phurnace needs to have access to the application server manager. Details are in the doc for each Application Server we support.

What app server are you targeting?

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Bladelogic Application Release Automation ( Phurnace) - System Requirement
            Siddu angadi

HI Fred,

I have 5 servers with application of WebSphere, WebLogic and JBoss.

My question is:

Becuase Just I have installed on my laptop which is running with XP. I need to configure the Home directoy of application, when I give any random it is not taking.

Can you please tell me what application server home directory?

If we have 5 application servers, on how many machines we need to install this Phurnace?

Thanks

Kind Regards

Siddu Angadi

• 3. Re: Bladelogic Application Release Automation ( Phurnace) - System Requirement

You need to install the application servers on your laptop to have the binary to communicate with your servers. You don't need to start any application servers on your laptop. Then you associate the home directory of app server on your laptop for each editor/version.

I hope this is more clear.

Fred