5 Replies Latest reply on May 17, 2010 11:15 AM by Bill Robinson

blcli to cancel jobs

Saurabh Kashikar

Hi,

We are trying to write a automated process to cancel/abort jobs using blcli.

There is no released command to do this, but there is one under unpublished section, which doesn't work..

Here is what I am trying to do:

blcli -t BLSSO -v default -r BLAdmins JobRun cancel DBKey:SJobKey:2002898-2 2046707
      Unknown command : name space = 'JobRun', command = 'cancel'.com.bladelogic.cli.factory.CommandNotFoundException: Found command 'JobRun.cancel' but with mismatching arguments.

Here is what the help page says:

Command Name : cancel

Name space : JobRun

Command Type : Load

Release command : false

Description :

Return type : void

Command Input :

Variable NameVariable TypeDescription
      jobKeycom.bladelogic.app.service.job.JobKeyno description
      jobRunIdIntegerno description

Invoked commands in order :

CommandInputReturn value stored name
      JobRun.cancel-api$jobKey$ $jobRunId$-

The only difference I can see here is that the command JobRun:Cancel is of "Command Type: Load" and the ones which I execute regularly(ones which work as per the help) are of "Command Type: Complex"..

Any guesses...??

• 1. Re: blcli to cancel jobs
          Bill Robinson

You can't access the unreleased command w/ the commandline blcli call.  You need to use the 'performance commands' in nsh.

From a nsh shell run:

blcli_execute BLAdmins JobRun cancel DBKey:SJobKey:2002898-2 2046707

• 2. Re: blcli to cancel jobs
            Saurabh Kashikar

Fails this way as well Bill..

blcli_execute JobRun cancel DBKey:SJobKey:2002898-2 2046707

Command execution failed. com.bladelogic.cli.factory.CommandNotFoundException: Found command 'JobRun.cancel' but with mismatching arguments.

• 3. Re: blcli to cancel jobs
              Bill Robinson

There's something wrong w/ the api command apparently, it can't covert the object type:

Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Input 'DBKey:SJobKey:2000480-1' cannot be converted to expected type : interface com.bladelogic.app.service.job.JobKey

at com.bladelogic.cli.factory.CommandTemplate.throwConversionException(CommandTemplate.java:568)

at com.bladelogic.cli.factory.CommandTemplate.convertStringArgumentToRealArgument(CommandTemplate.java:555)

at com.bladelogic.cli.factory.CommandTemplate.convertArgsToRealArgs(CommandTemplate.java:451)

at com.bladelogic.cli.factory.CommandTemplateInventory.getCommandTemplate(CommandTemplateInventory.java:154)

... 5 more

So those commands (cancel/abort) apparently don't work.

• 4. Re: blcli to cancel jobs
                Saurabh Kashikar

In that case, is there any other command line way of cancelling jobs??

• 5. Re: blcli to cancel jobs
                  Bill Robinson

I'm not sure, I don't see anything else that looks like it would work.  You could try opening a ticket w/ support and see if they can fix the cancel/abort commands