Is there anything more useful in the blcli.log for your user ($HOME/.bladelogic or %APPDATA%\BladeLogic)?
And you're trying to delete a static group, not a smart group?
Thanks for your reply.
There isn't an entry in the blcli log file for this, unfortunately.
As for the group itself, it is a static group.
1 of 1 people found this helpful
JobGroup groupNameToDBKey "/path/to/group"
Delete deleteModelObjectAndDependentObjects 5005 <dbkey from above
Thank you for this.
I've just tried what you've put and I am still getting an error. Maybe it's my version of BladeLogic? Luckily we are upgrading to 8.0 in the near future.
This is the error that we have:
> KEY=`blcli JobGroup groupNameToDBKey "/TNT Workspace/AutoBuild/TEST"`
> echo $KEY
> blcli Delete deleteModelObjectAndDependentObjects 5005 $KEY
Unknown command : name space = 'Delete', command = 'deleteModelObjectAndDependentObjects'.com.bladelogic.cli.factory.CommandNotFoundException: R: Cannot find command : Delete, deleteModelObjectAndDependentObjects
As it is an unsupported command, do I have to invoke it in a different way to other supported commands?
What OS is your appserver? If it's unix, can the bladmin user read the /usr/nsh/br/xml/cli files?
Sorry, I've been away for a few days.
In reply to your questions, we are using a Linux app server and the 'bladmin' user *can* read these files.
I ran this on a 7.6 app server (redhat) and it worked fine. So it's something w/ either the version or your particular install.
In the /usr/nsh/br/xml/cli dir, is there a file like 'Delete-.xml' that contains the line:
Here are the results of my commands:
gbahel202# find . | grep Delete
gbahel202# grep "deleteModelObjectAndDependentObjects" Delete*
As the entries are not in the Delete-* files, I take it that this means that I will not be able to use this functionality (unless you tell me otherwise).
Thank you a lot for your kind assistance.
That's the line that defines the command that is failing. So I'm not sure why it's not working. It's in the same file on my 7.6 system and it works fine. You could open a support ticket...