13 Replies Latest reply on Apr 10, 2019 5:33 AM by Karthick Krishnan

Users logged in

Share:|

I am trying to get the count for users logging in using WEB CLIENT and count for users logging in with THICK CLIENT. I am using AR7.0. Any body has any ideas how I can get this done using query or otherwise.

Thanks

Mayur

• 1. Re: Users logged in
          Jamsheer KK

Hi,

You can find the current no. of users logged in the system by using User tool or Web.

AR System Administration -->Application--->Users/Groups/Roles--->License Review.

In ARS 7.0 even through admin also you can find this information.

I'm not sure about how we can identify whether it is a thin client or thick client L

regards,

Jamsheer

• 2. Re: Users logged in

Client Type is not reflected in the License Review screen.  However, many customers take advantage of the $CLIENT-TYPE$ keyword to build their own workflow that updates a form as a user enters the system.   The value of $CLIENT-TYPE$ will indicate the type of client.  For example, a value of '9' indicates a web client.

Thanks,

----------------

David J. Easter
            Product Line Manager
            Remedy Action Request System
            BMC Software, Inc.

• 3. Re: Users logged in
              Ashwanth Padmanabhan

I assume that you are using HomePage Form as your HomePage of your Server,

* Create a Temporary Character Field(z_LoginFlag) as a Regular Global Field on the HomePage.

* Create a Customized Form with Fields as Number of Thick Client Login and Number of Thin Client Login Fields(Integer).
                Create an Entry in this Customized Form with Status Active and Number of Thick Client Login and Number of Thin Client Login Fields to 0 values.

* Create an Active Link which updates the Entry in this Customized Backend Form on the Window Loaded/Display when user logins for the first time in the User Tool
                Object Type:-Active Link
                Object Name:-AL:HomePage_ThickClient
                Base Form:-HomePage
                Execution Order:-50
                Basic Qualification:-z_LoginFlag=$NULL$ and $CLIENT-TYPE$ = 3
                Push Field:-
              Push Qualification ('Status'="Active")
                Field Mapping:-
                Number of Thick Client Login=$Number of Thick Client Login$+1

* Create an Active Link which updates this Entry to this Customized Backend Form on the Window Loaded/Display when user logins for the first  time in the Midtier Tool
                Object Name:-AL:HomePage_Thin Client
                Execution Order:-50
                Basic Qualification:-z_LoginFlag=$NULL$ and $CLIENT-TYPE$ = 9
                Push Field:-
                Push Qualification ('Status'="Active")
                Field Mapping:-
                Number of Thin Client Login=$Number of Thick Client Login$+1

* Create an active link on the window Loaded or Display of the HomePage Form to set value to this field as True,
                Object Name:-AL:HomePage_SetLoginFlag
              Execution Order:-100
                Basic Qualification:-z_LoginFlag=$NULL$
                Set Field Action:-
                z_LoginFlag="True"

Here what happens is the value will be set to this Regular Global Field at first time User logs in and load the HomePage(Assuming that your Application automatically Loads the HomePage at first),

So this value will be maintained during that session and when ever User loads the HomePage again in the same session, the Active Links which is updating the count will be failing the qualification.

And if the User starts a new User Tool/Browser Session this Regular Global Field will be NULL at first so your Active Links which is updating the Login Entries will be fired only at this time.....

Ashwanth.

• 4. Re: Users logged in
                Ganesh Gore

Thanks! Great Job !!

I appreciate your efforts.

In addition to this is there a way to find out for an administrator,which user is working on which form? Is there any OOB way to find out this?

Thanks!

• 5. Re: Users logged in
                  Ashwanth Padmanabhan

Thanks GG,

I am not sure how to exactly find out the Forms in which User is accessing currently in the System,

Go to ARSystem Administration Console---->Application---->License Review--->Application -Current Users Category

I hope this will help you to understand at the application level currently the User is accessing which applications in the system. (which should be almost very useful for you),

Ashwanth.

• 6. Re: Users logged in
                    Ganesh Gore

Right !

Thanks..

• 7. Re: Users logged in
                      IndusInd Bank

Nice One

• 8. Re: Users logged in
                        LJ LongWing

Even all these years later...BMC doesn't provide that information through the API, although I can see how it would be useful.  All you can get from the api is

Who is connected

When they connected

How they like to be notified

Their email address (if they like to be notified by email)

When they last accessed

And what type of licenses they currently hold (and various information about that license)

• 9. Re: Users logged in
                          IndusInd Bank

Please let me know the API one

• 10. Re: Users logged in
                            LJ LongWing

I don't understand your question.

• 11. Re: Users logged in
                              Francois Seegers

Hi LJ

Do you know if we have this now on the latest 1902 release?

Francois

• 12. Re: Users logged in
                                LJ LongWing

The only place I know of that BMC keeps track of which client is in use is in the API logs, it keeps track of which client submitted the api call, but no, I don't believe this is 'stored' anywhere that's accessible via the api.

• 13. Re: Users logged in
                                  Karthick Krishnan

This may not be the best solution,

When user logs in to system use a filter to create an entry in a backend for to store the client-type keyword.

When you open the backend form, Look up the recent entries against the list of currently logged in users.