3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 22, 2010 11:26 AM by lokesh NameToUpdate

Bladelogic 8.0

In bladelogic 8.0 I have created a VirtualGuestJob by using the following command:
      blcli -v defaultProfile -r BLAdmins Virtualization createVirtualGuestFromPackage "//"
      and it has given the following output:
      Job is created and will execute by users request with Job DB Key  DBKey:SJobModelKeyImpl:2470-1-2032057
      Now i want to execute this job thats why i have used the following command:
      blcli -v defaultProfile -r BLAdmins DeployJob executeJobAndWait  DBKey:SJobModelKeyImpl:2470-1-2032057
      and its output is:
      Command execution failed.  Job with matching id : 2470 has type : 50002 while expected type was : 30

The output is a bit confusing one as I was expecting that it should have given the job run key but it didnt happened may be i am using a wrong command to execute the job.
      Please help me out what's wrong with the command or is there any other command that i should use to execute my job?

• 1. Re: Bladelogic 8.0

blcli -v defaultProfile -r BLAdmins DeployJob executeJobAndWaitForRunID DBKey:SJobModelKeyImpl:2470-1-2032057

You are using the deloy job space, which I do no think is right in this instance.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Bladelogic 8.0

There is no explicit CLI for executing a Virtual Guest Job.

The way to do it actually is to pass the ExecuteNow tag in the xml while running the createVirtualGuestFromPackage cli itself.

Add the following tag under the <VirtualGuestJob> tag:

Run the createVirtualGuestFromPackage CLI again, and that should do the trick.

This would actually run the job immediately after the job is created.

Message was edited by: Umar Shaikh

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Bladelogic 8.0

Hi Umar,

Its nice to see you again.

Thanks for replying.I will try things as you mentioned and will reply you thereafter.

Thanks and regard,

Lokesh Goyal