1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 22, 2010 1:06 AM by Stuart Hutton

ldap query to import users

I am using BMC BladeLogic Server Automation Suite version 8 and

currently have an ldap query that looks at an OU in Active Directory and imports all of the users in that OU based

upon their userPrincipalName:

blcli -v defaultProfile RBACRole syncUsers TestRole SSO BLadeLogicLdapQueryUserAccount "OU=User Accounts,OU=Groups,DC=child,DC=domain,DC=com" "(&(objectClass=user))" userPrincipalName

I want to instead want to query a group and only import the users int the group:

blcli -v defaultProfile RBACRole syncUsers TestRole
      SSO BLadeLogicLdapQueryUserAccount

"DC=child,DC=domain,DC=com"

"(&(objectCategory=person)(objectClass=user)(&(memberOf=CN=GroupName,OU=Global

Groups,OU=Groups,DC=child,DC=domain,DC=com)))" userPrincipalName

This command works on other standard ldap browsers. BladeLogic takes the command but does not

populate the group. I would like know two things: Can I import users based off of a memberof

group? Does bladeLogic look into the subtrees by default.

• 1. Re: ldap query to import users
          Stuart Hutton

Hello

Would you please be able to let me know if this question has been answered or if you managed to find a solution as I have a similar question regarding AD.  Please see the below.

Thanks

Stuart

I need to integrate Windows AD with BladeLogic to add users to roles,  to do this I would like to be able to use the blcli to parse a comma  separated file (generated from AD) and add those users to their  respective roles in BladeLogic.