4 Replies Latest reply: Jul 17, 2010 1:27 AM by Shantanu Ballal RSS

ITIL Compliance

A3967

Hi.

In Our organisation we r using BMC Remedy(IM ,PM,CMDB) and BMC Performance manager.For ITIL compliance what all the other modules required here?and how we can relate with existing

• 1. Re: ITIL Compliance
    A3967

Hi guys..

any thoughts pls....

• 2. Re: ITIL Compliance
    Vishnuprasad Kottapally

Hi,

IM PM and CMDB are ITIL compliant ...however if u wish based on your company requirement and to be more aligned with ITIL you can use SLM and Change Management and Asset Mgt too.

You can make use knowledge mgt also...

I beleive all the ITSM suite apps are ITIL comlaint

Regards,

Vishnu

• 3. Re: ITIL Compliance
    Robert Fults

Hi,

This is my first time in the ITIL forum here and I wanted to touch base on this subject.

There is no such thing as "ITIL-compliant."  You can be  ISO/IEC20000 compliant and acheive certification under that standard.  You can however be ITIL-aligned, or following ITIL best practices.

With that in mind, what are governing bodies are you subject to?  Sarbanes-Oxley, ISO/EIC, HIPAA, etc...  You should verify what their requirements are and make sure you are meeting those standards.  ITIL will help you acheive this by providing a common language framework that can help you align IT with the actual business that you support, as well as help you develop process to improve your operational efficiency.

Remember that ITIL is just a compendium of common knowledge and best practices, and adapation of those practices will be different in every organization.  BMC's ITSM Suite will provide you with the essentials to provide well-rounded Service Support and Delivery, everything else is there to help you automate your organizational processes and improve efficiency.

Just my 2 cents.

• 4. Re: ITIL Compliance
    Shantanu Ballal

HI A 3967 AS PER MY KNOWLEDGE IM PM CMDB ARE ITIL COMPATIBLE YOU CAN USE ASST MANAGEMENT, CHANGE MANAGEMENT, IF YOUR ORGANIZATION NEEDS THIS. IN ITIL INCIDENT MGMT COMES UNDER SERVICE OPERATION MODULE YOU CAN RELATE YOUR IM OPERATIONS ACCORDING TO THE BEST PRACTICES OF ITIL SERVICE OPERATION MODULE.

THANKS

SHANTANU BALLAL