If you do from NSH
What are the results? Is the agent responding, mapped correctly. licensed, etc?
Yes, sorry I forgot to mention that. I ran agentinfo, and indeed the agent does show that everything is correct. However, the issue seems to have gone away, but I'm not sure why.
I restarted the AppServer and then attempted to added the server again using blcli and it worked. I then ran a decommissionServer and that worked too, so I proceeded to add and decommission the server a number of times from the blcli just to be sure, and they all worked.
Not sure what caused that, but it all seems to have corrected itself following a bounce of the AppServer. Weird!
Thanks - Lee
Was there ever a solution to this? We run into the same issue... if we try to enroll the server name it fails with the same exception, but using the IP address works. There aren't any DNS conflicts or issues, as we checked.
Yes we did get a solution for this issue in the end. The problem was occuring during server provisioning testing. We'd provision a server over and over again, using the same hostname but also configured to use DHCP. So what was happening was that even though we decommissioned the server from BL before reprovisioning, if DHCP allocated it a different IP on the next attempt, when it came to add it into CM the error occurred. It turned out to be a setting of the JVM DNS caching. To prevent the JVM from caching name lookups we had to modify the value of networkaddress.cache.negative.ttl in java.security under br/java/lib to some negative value if I remember correctly. This did the trick for us.
Hope that helps. Oh, btw this was on a Windows appserver running 184.108.40.206.
Cheers - Lee
We've seen this error several times in the past, and when I got it again this morning I came looking here. We're running 7.6.212 on RHEL5x64. I commented out the networkaddress.cache.negative.ttl line, since the description talked about WINS name resolution. Restarted the app server, and no more error. Not sure if the error went away from restarting the appserver or commenting out this value.
1 of 1 people found this helpful
Restarting the appserver will also fix the error, as it will clear the JVM cache. Time will tell I suppose