I'm not really sure if I understood you right, but here go my 5 cents.
First of all, a Support Group is also indeed, a Group.
If you create a Support Group using, for example, Application Administration Console, that Support Groups has also its corresponding register created on Group form (Support Group Name* on Support Group form = Long Group Name on Group form).
This said, the notification process, as Carl exposes on his latest post in
seems to leave clear on Step 3 that, if the notification is for a Group, individual records will be created with notification preferences for each individual:
1. The NTE:-SYS-NT Process Control form is the center of the Notification Engine. All notifications must be pushed to this form first and depending on what parameters are included, it will determine if it is a group notification or an individual notification. Calling applications pass this information to the NTE:SYS:NT Process Control form. This information includes details such as the application, who the notification should go to, and information about the parent record. The workflow process determines if the notification is for a group or an individual.
2. An escalation will run every minute to process the pending notification events.
3. If the notification event is for a group, a transaction record will be created in the NTE:SYS-Group NT Control form. Otherwise, a record will be created in the Individual NT Control form. Individual processing gets the user?s notification preferences, ticket information and message from the Notification Messages catalog. Group processing expands the group list to individuals, and then runs the same individual process as described previously.
4. The NTE:Notifier sends the notification using the appropriate method (email, pager, or alert). If the notification is through email, NTE:Notifier workflow will create a record in the AR System Email Messages form which will be processed by the BMC Remedy Email Engine.
So, somewhere in the notification process workflow, the "translation" or expansion from Support Group Name -> Long Group Name -> Group Name is being made, in order to get the individuals. Thus, I don't understand your question, please, could you explain more this:
Is it possible to make remedy check also in the form 'Support Group' and to act as with t he form 'Group'?
Here's another post which maybe helps you:
First of all thank you for your answer. I'll check and test your propositions.
Regarding the support group, actually support groups have been created directly from the form "Support group" and so I guess this is way there are no correspondances in the form "Group" for these groups of support.
I'll try to create a group of support from the administrative application console as you said and check whether it's working better or not.
I'll come back to the forum asap with more new
You can also create Support Groups from Support Group form directly.
You should be able to find any Support Group on Group form. Be aware to search using the Long Group Name, just searching on Group form by Long Group Name = Support Group Name.
Your Support Group will have a Group ID just the same as any other group created.
Using Application Administration Console, indeed, it's a better way to do things related with Foundation Data! That's the way!
Let me know how things go!
We have no SLM. After some tests it appears that:
- if I create a new support group from the "support group" form, no new AR System group is created in the form "group"
- if I create a new support group from "Administration application" in BMC user then a new group is created in the form "group"
Regarding the escalation process:
So from now I'll check if each of our support group has a corresponding group in the form "group" and I'll use the name of the group (and not of the support group) to notify members of the support groupBest regards,Eleonore
- if I try to notify members of a support group by setting the name of the support group as it is displayed in the form "support group" in the field "user name", members are not notify and I've got an error in the email workflow
- if I try to notify members of a support group by setting the long name of the support group as it is displayed in the form "group" in the field "user name", members are not notify and I've got an error in the email workflow
- if I try to notify members of a support group by setting the name of the group (corresponding to the support group) as it is displayed in the form "group" in the field "user name", members are not notify
You did a lot of work!
But I still don't understand why you need to notify on an escalation basis. I don't know if this can make some sense to you, but I'd suggest you the following.
First of all, it's better to create Support Groups from within Application Administration Console; as you says, this creates correctly the groups on Group form.
I'd also review each People's register that belongs to a Support Group (Enabled notifications, Default Notification Mechanism, Notification Availability, etc.)
When you've this done I'd try this:
- create a zTmp field (Display Only, Hidden,...) on the form from you want to fire a notification
- create an Escalation that enters a value on zTmp (for example, zTmp = Yes)
- create a filter that fires when zTmp = Yes and build your notification
To build your notification, I'd suggest you to activate logging and check what happens when a notification is sent; for example, when an Incident is assigned to a Support Group. You'll be able to see how the notification is build, how the registers are created on NTE:SYS% forms,...
Once identified, you'll be able to populate the fields you need in order to send the notification to all the Support Technicians belonging to a Support Group.
Take a look at HPD:INC:NotificationGenerator_899_PNPC`! filter and to HPD:INC:NT% filters.
This is what I'd check, but I don't know what you want to achieve.
Maybe, whith your solution, you've enough and it's easier.
So from now I'll check if each of our support group has a corresponding group in the form "group" and I'll use the name of the group (and not of the support group) to notify members of the support groupKind Regards,Björn.