Has this MS08-067 come out throught Patchlink yet or did you download and apply through the MS site? I don't see it in any subscriptions.
How did you do an analysis on it?
what versions of bladelogic are both of you using? the underlying patch analysis engine changed between 7.3 and 7.4 from patchlink to shavlik.
OK, I'm using 7.3 but the patch just showed up and I was able to test deploy it successfully to a server. I'm good for now.
Lucky you! I'm running 7.4 and when I ran a test analysis against my test servers (one each of 2000 adv, 2000 std, 2003 ent, 2003 std) only the 2003 std showed that this patch was applicable. Since I have yet to see the patching system work reliably on any version, I wasn't surprised and packaged it up manually.
I had a lot of pain Friday getting this patch to show as "missing" so I could deploy it. At this point it may be our proxy server messing with us and serving stale cached content to the appserver. If you can, configure you proxies to not cache data from xml.shavlik.com.
Our proxies our managed by a separate team so there was some delay in getting that done. I'm not sure if cache eventually timed out, or this did the trick for me. I used wget with the "no-cache" option and that seemed to get me fresh content.
wget -nv --no-cache -i files.txt
Save these URLs in a file:
Then copy the files to the /opt/BladeLogic/storage/templates directory
Wget can be downloaded from:
http://users.ugent.be/~bpuype/wget/ (win32 binaries)