look in /usr/nsh/br/*.log, if anything was captured it would be in there, or in the console output.
i'd assume that this means you can't talk to the file server you specified - is the agent up and running?
also, why are you using blasadmin to set the file server? typically you would set this w/ the blappconf wizard or use some db scripts to change the file server for an existing install.
Hi Bill, thanks for replying:
>> look in /usr/nsh/br/*.log, if anything was captured it would be in there, or in the console output.
I only see ui.log and appserver.log, and neither of them record the events. Seems like appserver.log mentions another issue of being unable to parse the bladelogic.keystore file. I wouldn't think that would be related however.
>> i'd assume that this means you can't talk to the file server you specified - is the agent up and running?
It appears so:
ps -ef |grep rscd
root 4270 1 0 Apr 20 ? 0:00 bin/rscd
root 2662 4272 0 14:06:05 ? 0:00 bin/rscd
root 4271 4270 0 Apr 20 ? 0:00 bin/rscd
root 2858 20255 0 14:09:31 pts/1 0:00 grep rscd
root 4272 4270 0 Apr 20 ? 0:00 bin/rscd
>>also, why are you using blasadmin to set the file server? typically you would set this w/ the blappconf wizard or use some db scripts to change the file server for an existing install.
I performed the install, but there were database connectivity issues during the install that I corrected. So I corrected that using the CLI utility. I used the CLI installation on Solaris. This host is at a remote facility, so if there are any GUI utilities, I would have to set up VNC or such. Is the issue because the appserver is not running due to the keystore error mentioned previously? Here is the message:
Just thought I would comment on this. So the utility you mentioned was able to run over a forwarded X11 session via SSH. Secondly, the GUI gave a better message, and that it couldn't detect the license. Once I used the getlic utility, downloaded the license from Bladelogic's site, and used the pulic utility to install the license, this corrected the issue.
I guess I'm suprised the installation documentation didn't mention needing the license at this time, and that the error message via CLI wasn't more clear at the actual issue.
the agent should have a 10-day license on install, so you shouldn't have to license it right away.
but there are cases where a 'fresh' install of the agent will not get the 10-day license (if an agent had been installed before on the system and removed, the hostid changes)
the blappconf is the preferred method of configuring the appserver, though a text based config interface would be useful (ncurses or somesuch). if you can, open up a support ticket w/ that request (i've put one in, but it's helpful to get customer feedback too)