5 Replies Latest reply on Dec 15, 2009 11:52 AM by Bill Robinson

NSH shell proxy doesn't work

Antonio Caputo

- nsh proxy server is configured on Application Server (as usually done as reported on Admin guide)

- secadmin has been run on client (secure file is created)

- blcred has been run in order to acquire credentials (ok message is returned)

but this is not true.

The appserver.log says:

+ BLAdmin:: user authentication successful: BLAdmin

BLAdmin:: Authentication Connection closed

and the console.log:

+ Anonymous:Anonymous: Connection closed by / before pre-authentication handshake could be completed.

Anonymous:Anonymous: failure establishing session with proxy service

Anonymous:Anonymous: NSH Proxy Connection closed+

Any suggestion?

• 1. Re: NSH shell proxy doesn't work
          Bill Robinson

is 9842 open from the client to the appserver?

do you see the proxysvcurl in the credentials? (blcred cred -list)

you enabled the 'blsso' nsh proxy, not the legacy SRP or CLR proxy right?

• 2. Re: NSH shell proxy doesn't work
            Narjit Najran

I am receiving the same error and can't see where I'm going wrong. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

From NSH I get

SSO Error: Unacceptable proxy service greeting.
            Error in Initializing RBAC User and Role (SSO Proxy)
            Network Shell can be used for local access

And in the appserver.log I see:

failure establishing session with proxy service

NSH Proxy Connection closed

In my secure file I have

default:port=4750:protocol=5:tls_mode=encryption_only:encryption=tls:auth_profile=TEST_76:auth_profiles_file=/d/Program Files/BMC BladeLogic/OM_2/br/authenticationProfiles.xml:appserver_protocol=ssoproxy

And in my credentials list I can see the urls

%blcred cred -list

Username:         BLAdmin
            Authentication:   SRP
            Issuing Service:  service:authsvc.bladelogic:blauth://appserverhost:9840
            Expiration Time:  Mon Dec 14 21:59:32 GMT 2009
            Maximum Lifetime: Mon Dec 14 21:59:32 GMT 2009
            Client address:
            Authorized Roles:

Destination URLs:

• 3. Re: NSH shell proxy doesn't work
              Bill Robinson

the syntax of your secure file does not look correct. it should look like:

auth_profiles_file=/c/Program Files/BMC BladeLogic/OM/br

take out the port=4750

• 4. Re: NSH shell proxy doesn't work
                Narjit Najran

Thanks Bill.

The problem was that I have just installed a second version of the CM GUI on my desktop to test out the new app server (7.6) and the NSH I was using was the old version that was in my Path (v7.4.2). I have since modified my Path to use the new GUI, resolved the issue of incompatible cygwin1.dlls and now I can connect. I have also removed the port 4750 from the secure file. I do however see several 'NSH Proxy Connection closed' messages in the appserver log after executing a command through nsh, for example an 'ls' even though the command works fine. Is this supposed to happen?

Also is there a way to run two versions of the GUI and nsh simultanteously? So without having to edit the secure file and changing desktop environment variables? Or shall I post this in another forum?

• 5. Re: NSH shell proxy doesn't work
                  Bill Robinson

If this was unix, I'd say check your environment variables.  On windows, I'm not sure.  you should be able to run 2 different versions of the GUI at the same time, I've done that w/o any changes.  as far as the secure file, unless you can separate the systems you are connecting to by network, you can only have 1 'default' line in there.