3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 6, 2010 7:57 AM by Mike Reider

Licensing of agent does't run [license.raw file non valid]

Antonio Caputo

I just installed an Application Server and a File Server (put on the AS machine itself).

After this I am trying to licence the File Server agent in order to start the AS but when I run:

getlic HOSTNAME

I get this error:

+User Messages:

-No file was detected with your submission. Please ensure that you have specified a valid 'license.raw' file. If you have any questions, please email licensing@bladelogic.com.

Please select the license.raw file that you would like to use to generate a software license. If you are not familiar with the licensing mechanism for the BMC BladeLogic software, see the instructions below. If you would like a list of all of your active licenses, click here.+

Thanks for help

• 1. Re: Licensing of agent does't run [license.raw file non valid]
          Antonio Caputo

Also if I try to use autolic I get the following:

+% autolic -u USERNAME PASSWORD HOSTNAME

Error code (2): Invalid XML source.+

• 2. Re: Licensing of agent does't run [license.raw file non valid]
            Naveen Anne

I am seeing a similar behavior:

1. If I run "agentinfo samtl151" from the application server where samtl151 is the file server, it comes back saying "Not Licensed".

2. If I right click on samtl151 and NSH Here, run "agentinfo samtl151", it says "Licensed for NSH/CM".

3. Both application server and the agent are at

4. If I try to relicense the server using autolic, it throws the following error message:

• 3. Re: Licensing of agent does't run [license.raw file non valid]
              Mike Reider

I had the same issue at a client site, one of the machines where I tried to run the autolic on had a blank Host ID, which is used by the agent. Heres teh reply I got from BMC Support on this;

Trying to license an RSCD Agent on a windows server, getting error when running autolic or manual licensing, "Error code (2): Invalid XML source"

The error you report is a generic error, that happens when autolic can't get a value that it expected would be available.

That value is the hostid.

The hostid of your target server is the serial number of the C: drive.

The user that is mapped (Bladelogic RSCD@EVWEB ->Anonymous:PrivilegeMapped) does not appear to have read access to the C: drive.

It should be able to do a 'DIR C:\' command in order to get the serial number.

Check the permissions for your mapped user and make the appropriate adjustments.