Also if I try to use autolic I get the following:
+% autolic -u USERNAME PASSWORD HOSTNAME
Error code (2): Invalid XML source.+
I am seeing a similar behavior:
1. If I run "agentinfo samtl151" from the application server where samtl151 is the file server, it comes back saying "Not Licensed".
2. If I right click on samtl151 and NSH Here, run "agentinfo samtl151", it says "Licensed for NSH/CM".
3. Both application server and the agent are at 18.104.22.1682
4. If I try to relicense the server using autolic, it throws the following error message:
ERROR: INVALID XML SOURCE
I had the same issue at a client site, one of the machines where I tried to run the autolic on had a blank Host ID, which is used by the agent. Heres teh reply I got from BMC Support on this;
Trying to license an RSCD Agent on a windows server, getting error when running autolic or manual licensing, "Error code (2): Invalid XML source"
The error you report is a generic error, that happens when autolic can't get a value that it expected would be available.
That value is the hostid.
The hostid of your target server is the serial number of the C: drive.
The user that is mapped (Bladelogic RSCD@EVWEB ->Anonymous:PrivilegeMapped) does not appear to have read access to the C: drive.
It should be able to do a 'DIR C:\' command in order to get the serial number.
Check the permissions for your mapped user and make the appropriate adjustments.