3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 15, 2017 9:07 AM by Martin Ponce

Migration of Extended Objects

What's the simplest way to copy the extended objects from one environment to another?

You can't export them; there's an option to copy them to the clipboard. But that won't be sufficient. I have very limited access to the original environment - my role can access their jobs, but not their extended objects.

If I had the "Blade.asset.extendedobject.browse" authorization, could I see them? Or is there a better solution, perhaps something on the file system that can be tarred up and copied over?

• 1. Re: Migration of Extended Objects
          Martin Ponce

Hi John,

I sorry to bring to life again this old post, but I have the same question.

I already imported the Compliance rule, but I can´t get the place where the EO is located in the main environment, to export to the new one.

Any idea to locate it?

Thanks for any response.

Martin

• 2. Re: Migration of Extended Objects
            Bill Robinson

I already imported the Compliance rule

what does that mean?  you imported a component template?  copied a rule from one template to another ?

but I can´t get the place where the EO is located in the main environment

so the EO you need is not part of your template?  it's in the Config Object Dictionary?  is it a one-liner or does it call a script that's located on a file system ?  and you can't get to the place why ?

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Migration of Extended Objects
              Martin Ponce

Hi Bill,

thanks for your quick response.

Yes I already exported from the original BL server, the desired template for Compliance into the new BL server.

But, the EO listed in that Compliance template, calls for certain elements in the COD that I have not imported yet.

These elements in the COD, are near 200... so, the main question is : What can I do to import all these COD elements in one simple import process, avoid doing one by one.

I hope you can help me, and let me know if anything is not clear in my explanation.

Martín.