2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 11, 2006 4:05 PM by Greg Kullberg

CPU Utilization question

This might sound funny, but I am installing a RSCD 6.3 agent on a clients server and before they let us do it they want to know what the expected CUP utilization would be during scans or minor jobs. I am quessing it would be around 1-2% but tried to find it in some documentation and couldnt find anything. Does anyone know if there is any such documentation on this?

• 1. Re: CPU Utilization question

This is somewhat difficult to answer. I guess the answer really depends on what tasks you are executing.

That said, the agent itself should have pretty low CPU utilization during most actions. Somewhere between 1-10% depending on how fast your CPUs are and what it's doing. You usually see higher utilizations on the actions the agent kicks off on the OS -- apart from what the agent does itself.

• 2. Re: CPU Utilization question

Basically it would be the equivalent of what it would take to locally execute similar commands. For example, if you're doing an audit, take into account what you're gathering (just a simple 'ls' vs. a full checksum on each file). Or in the case of a deploy, take into account utilization during a file copy / move. Like Sung said, it pretty much depends on what you're doing. But in the case of minor jobs, utilization should be pretty low.