1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 12, 2008 10:07 PM by Sean Daley

snapshot audit done on different parent directory

I'm trying to figure out if I can do this: run a snapshot on d:\sourcedira\ but then audit to d:\targetdirb - (windows)

The customer has existing QA systems running Siebel software which is in a base directory. They do not have a baseline system in QA which is the only place our systems are currently at. Their baseline system is currently in production, so they copied the baseline file system for Siebel from their production environment and put it on one of the systems in test in a different directory. We can't install the agent in production yet, and they don't want to change any of their current Siebel structures in QA. They only want to validate that the files are the same - no content analysis, a straight-up audit (at least at this moment).

Just trying to figure out the easiest way to do this with this constraint - any other ideas (other than installing a baseline system with the correct directories in the right place)? I thought of using symbolic links so that I could match the directories up, but I can't get ln -s to work in the windows environment, and I can't get the snapshot to store a relative directory pointer and/or modify it after it has been saved.

• 1. Re: snapshot audit done on different parent directory

Have you tried creating a template using parameterized path and property set instances and then creating multiple components out of it to snap/audit with?

The BladeLogicUsersGuide.pdf has a section called:

"Using Component Templates to Ensure Compliance for Multiple Instances of an Application"

Around page 320 of the 7.4 guide.

The particular example there is compliance related but the same concepts should apply for snap/audit.

This particular use case is actually one of the primary drivers for how templates, properties, and property set instances work.

Hopefully others will post whether or not they've had any successes or failures following this.