3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 9, 2009 8:24 AM by Bill Robinson

blasadmin documentation available?

R V

Hi all,

is there any in-depth-documentation for the blasadmin-command available. Especially I'm interested in the meaning of

blasadmin> show AuthServer IsSSOCredRefreshEnabled

which could be true or false. But what happens, if I change this from true (the current value) to false?

Any idea?

• 1. Re: blasadmin documentation available?
          Henning Kupffer

BSARA UserGuide p.118:

+Unlike other BMC BladeLogic applications, BMC Service Automation Reporting and

Analytics must be able to refresh a user’s single sign-on credentials so the user can run recurring reporting jobs even after the user’s current session ends. To enable refreshing of credentials, you must perform the following procedure.

1 On the reports server, start the Application Server Administration console (that is, the blasadmin utility).

2 Specify that SSO credentials issued by the Authentication Service can be refreshed by entering the following:

set AuthServer isSSOCredRefreshEnabled true

By default the installation program for BMC Service Automation Reporting and

Analytics sets this value to true.+

• 2. Re: blasadmin documentation available?
            R V

Thank you, Henning - BSARA-docs will be my first choice for searching after blasadmin-settings in the future... ;)

• 3. Re: blasadmin documentation available?
              Bill Robinson

Many of these settings are details in the 'BladeLogicAdministration.pdf' document.