0 Replies Latest reply on Apr 10, 2009 2:45 PM by S Crawford

7.5 Vista Client cannot startup --- Can't find config.properties

S Crawford

Hi,

I recently installed the new client on my desktop. For some reason, the client is trying to place read this directory when it starts up. This directory is a Microsoft Intellishare directory that is linked to our user accounts (my ID is n0120154). However, we no longer use this directory with Vista (it should be using C:\Users\n0120154\Local\AppData). Since this folder is set to "Work Offline" by default, I have to go into the folder and click "Work Online" in order for the client to see it. This has to be done everytime I restart my machine.

Which environment variable that the client reads to find this folder? Is there a way I can change the variable it reads? There is no longer a blclient.bat so I'm not sure where I would do this (if I can).

Thanks

EXCEPTION ON STARTUP:

Created BladeLogic user's home dir :
      lm-intm-01\clientdata$\n0120154\Applicati

on Data/BladeLogic

lm-intm-01\clientdata$\n0120154\Application Data\BladeLogic\config.properties (The system cannot find the path specified)com.bladelogic.mfw.util.BlException:
      lm-intm-01\clientdata$\n0120154\Application Data\BladeLogic\config.properties (The system cannot find the path specified)

at com.bladelogic.client.util.ClientUtil.setupConfigPath(ClientUtil.java:700)

at com.bladelogic.client.BRProfile.initConfigPath(BRProfile.java:518)

at com.bladelogic.client.BRProfile.loadConfig(BRProfile.java:716)

at com.bladelogic.client.cm.BRMain.main(BRMain.java:263)