4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 2, 2008 10:14 AM by Greg Kullberg

Requiring ticket for changes...

I understand that the property dictionary holds the "Ticket_Required" field is located under job/batch job properties and we can make it required at that point... I want to place this exact same requirement right now only for deployments, I create the property right at the "DeployOptions" top level and select editable, required and used in reports, however it states that a default value is required and when i pull the menu down im not sure what option I should be using... can anyone offer any assistance on this for me?

• 1. Re: Requiring ticket for changes...

Ignore most of this post.. it turns out i was on Depot, however, I would like to verify that this will function like we woudl like it to, by requiring a ticket number to process the deployment. Are we correct on this configuration?

• 2. Re: Requiring ticket for changes...
            Bill Robinson

What do you mean by "process the deployment?" - i believe you should have this property under the 'Job' subclass, not DeployOptions.

• 3. Re: Requiring ticket for changes...

What we are being asked to do to clarify my previous posts since I was a little unclear i believe because my mind was elsewhere.

I am being asked to make "Ticket_Number" a required entry to allow anyone to run a deployment job, in the future we will more then likely expand it to more functions.

Currently if i select Deploy Job / Ticket_Number to be a required field it asks for a default field. I'm not sure what I need to put there as a required field. Im sorry if these questions seem a little vague, I am a noob when it comes to this software but I'm understanding more and more each day.

• 4. Re: Requiring ticket for changes...

I did come across a client once who figured out how to create a job property that was required without entering a default value. I think it was done this way:

I'd say you make your properties required in all cases and you define CHANGE_TICKET_NUMBER with a default value, say "empty" or 00000, then create 2 or more instances, "PRODUCTION" and whatever else you need. In the "PRODUCTION" instance, override the default value of CHANGE_TICKET_NUMBER with an empty value. This should make it:

- whatever instance you use apart from "PRODUCTION" will have a predefined non empty value for CHANGE_TICKET_NUMBER, which you can decide to override or not,

- when using the "PRODUCTION" instance, the value of the CHANGE_TICKET_NUMBER property is empty, so you'll need to populate it.

Note that I didn't have the chance to test this, but this should theoretically work.