5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 15, 2006 4:17 PM by Yoway Buorn

Share Permissions

How can I check, on windows, that no files or folders have "Everyone" enabled without snapping the entire system?

• 1. Re: Share Permissions

Sorry Robin, no help from me - I'd just like to hijack your Subject slightly and ask for an enhancement request to the way sharing works.

Right now we have lots and lots of different roles, and often we want to share out CMAdmins depot workspaces with several of these roles. I've noticed though that when I click on another role in the 'shared with' area - this removes the highlight from any previously shares unless I am holding .

In my opinion this function needs maybe checkboxes or something more permanent than highlights that are lost easily.

Another little bugbear for me is that custom commands can only seem to be shared one by one.....We now have a list of lots of custom commands, and it becomes a chore going through one by one for each new client group of servers (and roll) we rollout bladelogic to....

Now that I've got them off my chest - back to Robins question please... ;)

Thanks, Jay

• 2. Re: Share Permissions

I am fairly certain that this can be done using Compliance Rules in the new Lotus release that is coming in a month.

• 3. Re: Share Permissions

My original issue was resolved with the following extended object:

nexec ??HOST?? cmd /c "net share | findstr \"%systemdrive%\" | findstr /vr \"^[A-Z]\$\>\" | findstr /vr \"ADMIN\$\>\""

Basically, it boiled down to checking that there were no user shares on the system drive

• 4. Re: Share Permissions

Your issues brought up here are completely resolved with the way v7 handles access to objects in CM by different roles.

There is now only one workspace for all roles. All objects now have ACLs that allow other roles to access them.

• 5. Re: Share Permissions

Just out of curiosity, does "no user shares" directly mean that "Everyone" is not enabled anywhere in the file system, or is "Everyone" enabled just a symptom of an underlying problem you solved with "no user shares"?