2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 19, 2005 8:19 AM by Jeff Bascle

Adding additional values to extended object xml output

I'm using the machine config XML grammar to interpret XML output from an extended object script. How do I format the XML output such that I can populate additional value fields beyond "Value 1", and is there any way to change the value field label from the default "Value 1"?

• 1. Re: Adding additional values to extended object xml output

There's no way to assign descriptiongs to the column headings, so it will always start with "Value 1" and increment for each successive value.

If you want additional values to appear ("Value 2", "Value 3", etc.), just use xml attributes instead of nodes. For example, if you were to parse the following XML:

<root>
          <test1>val1</test1>
          <test2>val2</test2>
          </root>

the CM GUI would represent this as a "folder" named "root" with 2 child entries. The first child entry would have a name of "test1" with a value of "val1", while the second child entry would have a name of "test2" with a value of "val2".

If you instead switched this XML to:

<root>
          <record1 test1=val1 test2=val2></record1>
          </root>

the CM GUI would represent this as a folder named "root" with 1 child entry. The child entry would have a name of "record1", "Value 1" would be "test1", "Value 2" would be "val1", "Value 3" would be "test2", and "Value 4" would be "val2".

In my opinion, the CM present data more clearly if you stick to nodes (the first example) instead of attributes, but this is how the parsing should work.