2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 15, 2005 6:56 AM by Greg Kullberg

Determining Boot Files are Present

How do we determine boot files are present when deploying to a Windows server? Sometimes when deploying to a Windows server you see this message, but I was wondering exactly how we go about determining this, whether it's in the registry or somewhere else.

• 1. Re: Determining Boot Files are Present

It's in the registry and I it's called "pendingfilerenameoperation" or just "pendingfilerename". We may look in a couple of places in the registry where this key can exist, so search the entire registry for it to find all instances.

• 2. Re: Determining Boot Files are Present

I've found the following entry. Based upon its value, I am wondering if we look at this entry, and then trace the path its value is set to, and look in that area of the registry (or if we go directly to CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\PendingFileRenameOperations and look there).

Key: HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\BackupRestore\KeysNotToRestore\Pending Rename Operations

CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\PendingFileRenameOperations

The machine I browsed did not have anything under CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\PendingFileRenameOperations, but I assume if there were entries in this area, that would mean the system needs to be rebooted.