0 Replies Latest reply on Jun 17, 2009 1:58 PM by Will Rodina

Shavlik XML and Adobe Reader

Just wondering if anyone has had success with using BL to keep Adobe Reader and/or Acrobat up to date? With their recent decision to switch to a monthly update schedule, we are looking at rolling it into our normal monthly patching routine.

It seems, though, that the Patch Analysis for Adobe isn't quite as "smart" as for, say, Windows OS patches. For example, if I have Adobe Reader 6.0 installed somewhere, PA will show that I am missing the updates 6.0.1, 6.0.2, 6.0.3, 6.0.4, and 6.0.5... instead of simply realizing that the 6.0.5 update will in fact cover all the previous ones. I have also seen that simply selecting all the updates and deploying can cause strange results, so I really only want the most recent minor update for the major version number that I have. Other than cherry-picking and mashing server lists together, does anyone have an easier way to manage this process?

Is there a master listing somewhere of all the QNumbers by product, such that I can get the new ones for the scan (using a whitelist) and roll the old ones out of the file?