1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 15, 2011 3:57 PM by Sean Berry

Unix NetBackup Client BLPackage

As I received several time some question on how to create a BLPAckage to deploy Unix Netbackup client, may this could be usefull to put this here.

The process I used to build a package to deploy an NBU Client on Unix is always the same:

1 - manually install NBU Client on a machine with the targeted OS.

2 - make a tar of the directory /usr/openv/netbackup.

3 - add (if not already present) the file /etc/services and /etc/inetd.conf as config file with right grammar (it could be different if it is xinetd used on the OS) in the configuration object dictionary.

4 - add the /usr/openv/netbackup/bp.conf file as a config file with = grammar (if you want to be able to customize it)

5 - Create the BLPackage:

1 - the tar file

2 - external command to untar the tar (result should be /usr/openv/netbackup/*)

3 – add the following entries from /etc/services file (browse the it on the server where is installed your NBU client):

bprd

bpjava-msvc

bpcd

vnetd

vopied

4 – add the following entries from /etc/inetd.conf file (browse the it on the server where is installed your NBU client):

bpcd-stream-tcp

vnetd-stream-tcp

vopied-stream-tcp

bpjava-msvc-stream-tcp

5 – add the bp.conf entry:

SERVER with value1 as the NBUServer

CLIENT_NAME with value1 as ??HOST??

6 – external command to restart inetd daemon (with a kill –HUP)

That’s all.

If you need to deal with zone, have a look there http://forum.java.sun.com/thread.jspa?threadID=5075618&messageID=9275555

I hope this help.

Fred