4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 14, 2010 6:07 PM by Volker Scheithauer

Error connecting to blademetal server

Jon Thomas

I am trying to setup provisioning on BL 8.0 build 313.  I am getting an error when my PXE image attempts to contact BladeLogic.  I get the following error message:

"error:14094410:SSL routines:SSL3_READ_BYTES:sslv3 alert handshake failurecould not to blademetal server!"

Here is a screenshot of the screen:

Picture 4.png

I switched to a WINPE image, and I'm still getting the same error:

Picture 6.png

In the appserver.log, I get the following stack trace:

[11 Nov 2009 06:38:20,544] [SSL-Connections-Thread-4] [WARN] [Anonymous:Anonymous:10.20.238.200] [Client] Error authorizing the connect

com.bladelogic.mfw.util.BlException: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: no cipher suites in common

at com.bladelogic.mfw.net.SSLServerConnection.doHandshake(SSLServerConnection.java:36)

at com.bladelogic.mfw.net.ClientWorkerThread.handleNewConnection(ClientWorkerThread.java:142)

at com.bladelogic.mfw.net.ClientWorkerThread.execute(ClientWorkerThread.java:95)

at com.bladelogic.mfw.net.ClientWorkerThread.execute(ClientWorkerThread.java:25)

at com.bladelogic.app.service.thread.BlBlockingThread.run(BlBlockingThread.java:92)

Caused by: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: no cipher suites in common

at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.Alerts.getSSLException(Unknown Source)

at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.fatal(Unknown Source)

at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.Handshaker.fatalSE(Unknown Source)

at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.Handshaker.fatalSE(Unknown Source)

at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.ServerHandshaker.chooseCipherSuite(Unknown Source)

at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.ServerHandshaker.clientHello(Unknown Source)

at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.ServerHandshaker.processMessage(Unknown Source)

at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.Handshaker.processLoop(Unknown Source)

at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.Handshaker.process_record(Unknown Source)

at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.readRecord(Unknown Source)

at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.performInitialHandshake(Unknown Source)

at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.startHandshake(Unknown Source)

at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.startHandshake(Unknown Source)

at com.bladelogic.mfw.net.SSLServerConnection.doHandshake(SSLServerConnection.java:32)

... 4 more

Does anyone have any idea what might be going wrong?

• 1. Re: Error connecting to blademetal server
          Jon Thomas

I was attempting to re-use the gentoo and WINPE boot images from my BL 7.7 instance.  After recreating the boot images everything started working

• 2. Re: Error connecting to blademetal server
            Newton Nyante

BMI (which handles the communication from the client to the appserver) has a number of changes in 8.0.  Though between some earlier versions this does not have to be updated, but looks like for 8.0 this will be required.

• 3. Re: Error connecting to blademetal server
              Jon Thomas

Thanks nnyante.  That makes sense, and as I mentioned in my last post, recreating the WINPE and gentoo images solved the problem.

• 4. Re: Error connecting to blademetal server
                Volker Scheithauer

The BMC BladeLogic provisioning process requires a DHCP server, which gives the computer being provisioned an IP address and (in a single-database environment) the location of the Application Server. This task is required to set up a provisioning system. This section assumes that you understand how to install and configure a DHCP server. This section, however, describes the unique configuration needed so that a DHCP server can support BMC BladeLogic’s provisioning process.

BMC BladeLogic requires you to

• have the TFTP server and the PXE Server reside on the same host computer
                • provide the IP address of the BMC BladeLogic provisioning server
                • define a DHCP option field, which lets the computer being provisioned differentiate between a DHCP server and proxy DHCP servers

See Installation guide page 148ff

Regards, V.