0 Replies Latest reply on Oct 8, 2009 11:56 AM by Cecil G. Espejo

Reporting against unreliable servers and their audit jobs

We have a networking issue with BladeLogic and our Solaris 10 servers (not a BMC\BladeLogic issue). When we run a CIS audit against them, there will be at least one server (but mostly 2-4) that will error out during the audit because of our networking issue. The servers that fail are random.

I currently have reports in place that will list summaries and detailed reports against these servers, but it uses IS LATEST RUN EQUALS TRUE and will not list any info for a server that errored out (obviously).

If I remove the IS LATEST RUN filter, then it will list all servers, and their latest audit results, irregardless of the audit job. This is great and pratically does what I want, but it leaves some room for error - If I hand this report to my UNIX TEAM, they will see the audit results for every server but won't know WHEN each server's data was taken from (this way, if they make\made changes to correct the inconsistency, that change will not show up until after the server has ben successfully audited, and this is not server-reliable).

I want to put in a field that will list the date of the audit job run so it tells the user when this info was taken. The problem with this is that, it does what I want, but then also backfills the report with previous dates, displaying multiple entries for a failing rule for a server.

One of the servers may show up with one entry for a failing rule, while another server will have several many entries, all with different dates.

Another conern is, and I haven't tested this yet is, since this is listing multiple dates (since each date\time value is unique), will it also list different consistency results? What I mean is, if I ask for all results (consistent and inconsistent), will it give me a list and in that, list when the server was consistent AND inconsistent for that rule?