2 Replies Latest reply on May 21, 2009 8:36 AM by young so

POC Prerrequisites

Hi All, we are just preparing the technical document to start our first BladeLogic POC in Mexico , but the customer have some technical questions, I could not find it in the manual, so please if someone could help me, it would be great.

1. They are asking for a Failover or high availability  scenario, so I would like to know which components should be in a mirror state or if this should be just a Database Level.

2. They also are asking for the operative system prerequisites, I mean for Unix, there is no operatice system creation user or groups instructions,  and also there is a specific Kernel parameter they need to take care?

3. For the Solaris provisioning we know the customer should Install Jumpstart, but do you know which version?

thanks a lot for any help

Best Regards

• 1. Re: POC Prerrequisites
          Bill Robinson

1. They are asking for a Failover or high availability  scenario, so I would like to know which components should be in a mirror state or if this should be just a Database Level.

There is an internal doc on this - at a high level, you need to mirror the database, mirror the file server and have a standby appserver, reports, etc.

2. They also are asking for the operative system prerequisites, I mean for Unix, there is no operatice system creation user or groups instructions,  and also there is a specific Kernel parameter they need to take care?

The unix installer (solaris/linux) will create a OS account to run the appserver.  There are no kernel parameters required, but you can run into problems if ulimits and such are set too low (I had a customer set open files to 128 which is not a good idea)

3. For the Solaris provisioning we know the customer should Install Jumpstart, but do you know which version?

Are there versions of jumpstart?  It's basically a copy of the OS and the boot image on nfs and tftp.

Just run whatever is on the OS install cd.

• 2. Re: POC Prerrequisites
            young so

Did you read this posting?  This cover the HA stuff.

http://communities.bmc.com/communities/message/97079#97079