11 Replies Latest reply: Jul 2, 2013 9:33 AM by Scott Hartwick RSS

Integration of  Midtier 7.1 with Crystal Report server XI

Salma NameToUpdate

Hi Team,

I m planning to integrate Midtier with Crystal report server XI for web reporting . Has anyone done this kind of integration,

If yes, could someone  guide me on how to proceed further.

Regards,

Salma

• 1. Re: Integration of  Midtier 7.1 with Crystal Report server XI
    RichardB

I have this in place and running smoothly and may be able to help.

How far are you in the project?

• 2. Re: Integration of  Midtier 7.1 with Crystal Report server XI
    Salma NameToUpdate

Hi Richard,

Thanks for the reply.  I have  installed crystal report server XI on the same machine where midtier and ARS is installed. Later i installed midtier as well and gave crystal report path  during midtier installtion . I did all the configuration mentioned in Midtier PDF.
    But its not working ..  Crystal reports will stop working after midtier is installed. Can i use 2 different versions of Tomcat on same server . Because crystal report uses Tomcat 5.0.27 and it installs tomcat while installing crystal report . I cant use this same tomcat server for midtier as it is not able to detect . so i installed one more Tomcat server 5.5 and did midtier installation. later after completion of midtier i did all configuration mentioned in pdf and found that i m not able to Launch crystal report ('Central Management Console').

Please suggest , if i installed crystal report on same server will it work . or should i installed midtier and crystal on two different server to avoid web server conflicts.

Regards,

Salma

• 3. Re: Integration of  Midtier 7.1 with Crystal Report server XI
    ulamprec

Hi Salma,

I just have a question about the licence model for Web Reports with Remedy. One of my customers want to work totally with the web application (ARS 7.5). The licence model from SAP/BO shows me a "Crystal Reports Server XI" with named and CAL user packages. Is that the product I need?

Best regards

Udo

• 4. Re: Integration of  Midtier 7.1 with Crystal Report server XI
    RichardB
    CRXI Server is what we use for web reporting. The box comes with 5 licenses and you can purchase more if needed. It needs to be installed on a windows or linux server and have access to the Remedy server.
  • 5. Re: Integration of  Midtier 7.1 with Crystal Report server XI
    Ravindra Babu Gudimallam

Hi,

I have a setup with following application

AR System Server & its components 7.5 patch 002 (AR server & Mid-tier in same box)

BMC Atrium CMDB 7.5 Patch 001

BMC ITSM Application 7.5 Patch 001

BMC SLM 7.5

Now I am trying to install Reporting server (Crystal reports X1) in the same box where mid-tier is installed.

As we know, BMC Remedy User tool has few things by default and these are the things used to use basic reports form report console form.

1.       As I want some defaults crystal reports into AR system, I selected option Crystal reports during installation.

2.       This installs Crystal 11_Redistributables.

3.       Create C:\Program Files\Business Objects.

Main concern is, when I am installing Reporting server (Crystal reports X1) in the same box, it is replacing the C:\Program Files\Business Objects and crashing the default crystal reports feature in AR System. Even if I change the installation path of Reporting server, it leads to same crash.

Let me know how can I proceed to install report server in same box and integrate it with Remedy 7.5

Thanks & regards

Ravindra

• 6. Re: Integration of  Midtier 7.1 with Crystal Report server XI
    ulamprec

Hello Ravindra,

thank you for that comment.

Have a nice day!

Best regards

Udo

• 7. Re: Integration of  Midtier 7.1 with Crystal Report server XI
    Howard Huang

Hi Richard,

I saw you have been using Crystal Server XI.  I am new to the setup, trying to integrate the Mid-Tier with CRXI.  I installed an Evaluation copy of the CR Server XI on the mid-tier server.  Configured the Mid-Tier's Report Settings page.  But when I run the report from ARS application, I got this error:

Failed to process the request!!

All of your system's 5 Concurrent Access Licenses are in use at this time or your system's license key has expired. Try again later or contact your administrator to obtain additional licenses.

com.crystaldecisions.sdk.occa.report.lib.ReportSDKEnterpriseLogonException: All of your system's 5 Concurrent Access Licenses are in use at this time or your system's license key has expired. Try again later or contact your administrator to obtain additional licenses.---- Error code:-2147217397 Error code name:enterpriseLogonFailed

It seems that the license is expired, but I talked with the Sale Rep and he made sure this is still valid.  It is only 7 days since I installed the 30-day license.

I must haved missed something.

Is there any standard procedures that I can follow other than the section in the Mid-Tier installation book?

Thanks in advance.

• 8. Re: Integration of  Midtier 7.1 with Crystal Report server XI
    RichardB

We get the error due to 5 floating report licenses in the pool. They timeout and user can run the reports again within a couple minutes.

I used the provided documentation which was difficult to straighten out for our use. We have a unix server for Remedy and a windows server for CRXI.

Below is our unix server's config screen shot.

image.jpg

I did have to install midtier on the seperate windows server as well.

windows.JPG

• 9. Re: Integration of  Midtier 7.1 with Crystal Report server XI
    Paul Hodgdon

We were getting the same error message and changed the timeout, however how would we go about having concurrent licenses work with user accounts rather than with the guest account.

• 10. Re: Integration of  Midtier 7.1 with Crystal Report server XI
    Anupam Wagh

Issue is with the BOXI Licences...You need to buy them....

• 11. Re: Integration of  Midtier 7.1 with Crystal Report server XI
    Scott Hartwick

>> Issue is with the BOXI Licences...You need to buy them....

Not necessarily true. IF you have a license for BSM Analytics, either through green licensing per server or Blue Licensing through ITSM User licenses, You get a 30 day license, then you request a permanent OEM license through BMC Support.