Do you have any luck finding the answer solution for this?
I also need it since the message generated by the Incident Ticket by default is not showing the real condition of the causal problem.
It is just only showing Causal CI xxxx.
Here it is 3+ years later, apparently the question has not been answered. And I have this same question.
Is there a way to do this?
The original 'raw' Event also generates an Incident. I am hoping there is a way to get the original incident related to the Causal and/or Impacted (Intelligent??) Incident. When our operations crew is working on or analyzing the Impacted Incidents, they ultimately have to answer the question of what was the real cause. And the related Causal CI name doesn't help. They need to know what the original Incident was.
Is anyone doing anything like this?
I would like to find an answer to this as well. All we are able to do at this point is to perform a manual search in IBRSD on the Configuration Item to narrow down the problem. There should be a better solution.
Unfortunately I don't have IBRSD or a CMDB, but could I ask some questions:
1. Could you do an mquery on suitable events, and post?
2. How should two causal components be handled (possibly append messages?)
3. Is it sufficient to just change messages in the cell.
I'm in the same boat. Has anyone come up with a solution?
This requirement has been taken care in the 7.4 version of IBRSD.
In IBRSD, an intelligent incident policy creates an incident in BMC Remedy Service Desk when the priority for an event associated with a business service is 1.
The policy dictates that an incident should be created for both the impacted configuration item (CI) and the causal CI.
From the 7.4 version of IBRSD now includes the impacting events in the incident creation workflow.
Now when a service is impacted:
1. An incident is created for the impacted service.
2. An incident is created for the impacted CI.
3. An incident is created for the impacting event.
4. Incidents and CIs are mapped to each other in the BMC Remedy Service Desk product.
For further details please refer to the "Causal event support for IBRSD" section of the document given below:
If the information provided in my previous post does not suffice your requirement then you can adopt an alternative solution.
1) Use BEM use case ( i.e. The incide will be created to the event being received)
2) Add the CI information to the same.
For adding the CI information to the BEM use case event you need to use a customized INT:Staging form.
Let me know if you would like to use that.. I can send the customized defination file to you.