2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 20, 2020 2:26 AM by Stuart Reid

Monitoring An HA Appliance Using Patrol

Stuart Reid
      Share This:

Hi All

I am monitoring a service that is running in HA using remote Patrol Agents. The query I have is whether I will be able to monitor the "a" servers primarily and switch the Patrol Agent to monitor the "b" servers if service is switched over. There are a number of processes that will be monitored and will only be running on "b" when service is failed over. If I permanently monitor them it will be constantly in a state of alarm.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Many Thanks

Stuart

• 1. Re: Monitoring An HA Appliance Using Patrol
          Bertrand Martin

The best way (when possible) is to monitor the servers the same way clients query the HA cluster. Consider you have ha-cluster with 2 nodes (nodeA and nodeB), you'll setup the monitoring to query ha-cluster, rather than nodeA or nodeB. The clustering mechanism will direct the monitoring queries to either nodeA or nodeB, depending on which one is active.

Hope this helps!

• 2. Re: Monitoring An HA Appliance Using Patrol
            Stuart Reid

Thanks a lot for the reply. I guess I need a bit more help on how to go about configuring a Patrol Agent to monitor as a cluster. The servers are not in a dedicated cluster but have a rudimentary configuration that starts up the processes on "NodeB" should they stop on "NodeA". How do I get the Patrol Agent to recognise that behaviour?

Many Thanks

Stuart