3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 9, 2020 11:33 AM by Richard Rowe

Can you email the ticket requestor via the "notes" field?

Nate Seitz
      Share This:

Hello! I'm brand new to my department and Track-It! and I was surprised to learn that ticket updates were being manually sent out to their respective requestor via the "e-mail requestor" action and after notes for the work order had been added. Is there a way to email the requestor every time the "notes" field is updated? Also, assuming the answer is "yes", is the "private" check box to negate that update and make the new note internal only?

• 1. Re: Can you email the ticket requestor via the "notes" field?
          Richard Rowe

Hi Nate

Indeed you can notify a requestor when a ticket is updated. This would be done through a business rule.

I believe there is a system rule that can do this. If not, then you can create one. However, I believe the rule is called something along the lines of Notify Requestor on Ticket Update. It is most likely to be inactive.

Make a copy of the rule and then you can adapt it. In the "Send Notification" action, you can add the last ticket note, which will be mailed to the requestor.

Private ticket notes will not be available to the requestor.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Ricky

truenorthsm.com

2 of 2 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Can you email the ticket requestor via the "notes" field?
            Nate Seitz

Hey Ricky,

Thanks for the reply. I neglected to mention that we're currently on version 11.4. After a bit of Googling it looks like the Business Rules Engine is not available in this version, so I'm not sure its possible to accomplish what I'm looking to do.

Thanks again,

Nate

• 3. Re: Can you email the ticket requestor via the "notes" field?
              Richard Rowe

Hey Nate

You are correct that Business Rules are a feature of 20xx and not 11.4.

You can still achieve this in Track-It! by using the Event Policies:

What I would say is you may want to consider how much notification you want to send out to the requestor. 11.4 is more rigid than 20xx. The Business Rules offer far more flexibility. So with this in mind, you may want to send notifications out to requestors but adding the note, and then a status change. A modification could send out a lot more email.

Hope this makes sense.

Cheers

Ricky