5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 21, 2020 12:54 AM by Sankaralingam Maharajan

Control-M File Watcher errors out immediately once started

Sankaralingam Maharajan
      Share This:

Requirement:  a file is expected in a directory in a certain duration everyday.  Say the file is expected every morning between 6 am and 7 am.  The file name comes with a date and time stamp e.g. file name is FI.INB.D17092020.T063000. I want the File Watcher job to monitor this directory in this duration and error out if the file has not arrived.

Issue description:

I tried using FW job with watch for 'FI.INB.*' in the Path.  This works perfectly OK if there is only one file with this file name.  If there is more than one file with similar file name, then the job errors out, which is not correct.  The daily file sits in the same folder so I do not want FW to get confused and error out.  I tried using MAXIMUM FILE AGE option.  Again this perfectly works as far as there is only one file starting with FI.INB.  When there is more than one file with similar name, even though they are old files, the job errors out, which is incorrect.

I tried with Wild Card support but no luck.

Summary:

FW works OK to watch for file with wildcard filename search, maximal file age etc. as long as there is only one file in that folder with that file name.  When there is more than one file with such a file name, then the job errors out immediately.  The Job Output looks as below.

Any advise or pointers?