8 Replies Latest reply on Sep 14, 2020 8:50 AM by Gilles Robert

How do i MOUNT HFS/XFS file if not properly allocated to the CAS address space?

Andre Steyn
      Share This:

What steps are required to MOUNT HFS/XFS file if not properly allocated to the CAS address space?

• 1. Re: How do i MOUNT HFS/XFS file if not properly allocated to the CAS address space?
          Simon Chang

Hi Andre

i assume you are referring to the MainView Infrasturucture common registry. You need to use the HFSPATH view to add/allocate the file to the CAS.

See the documentation below for the details, as I am not sure exactly what stage you are at.

https://docs.bmc.com/docs/mcdv630/allocating-the-mainview-infrastructure-common-registry-856647451.html   

Hope that helps

Regards

Simon

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: How do i MOUNT HFS/XFS file if not properly allocated to the CAS address space?
            Andre Steyn

Simon, we busy customizing AO, and when we try to connect, it gives us these messages, and they are the ones that got me here?

BBMXC719E ActionTable Allocate Failed for ProdActDef                     
            -Related:BBMXCB26E The required FVT was missing: AAO9RE10                

--Related:BBMXC016E The Allocate Function for AGSRulesEditor returned - RC: 8 

---Related:AAORE101E AGSADMINAllocate method failed:  CC=-1              
            ----Related:BBMXC016E The Allocate Function for AGSADMIN returned - RC: 8
            -----Related:AAOAO302E AGSCommonAllocate method failed:  CC=8            

------Related:BBMXC028E The Allocate Function for AGSCommon returned null self_

p;                                                                     
            • 3. Re: How do i MOUNT HFS/XFS file if not properly allocated to the CAS address space?
              Simon Chang

Hi Andre

Do you want to send me your CAS joblog and i will take a look.

Regards

Simon

• 4. Re: How do i MOUNT HFS/XFS file if not properly allocated to the CAS address space?
                Andre Steyn

Sure

Not sure how to attach, so sent you direct email

• 5. Re: How do i MOUNT HFS/XFS file if not properly allocated to the CAS address space?
                  Gilles Robert

Hello Andre, Simon,

I'm assuming these message are not found in the CAS but rather in the AutoOPERATOR PAS.

These messages are related to the AutoOPERATOR Rules Registry. In your AAOPLXxx in effect the parameter USAGE_MODE_RULES= is other than OFF, either ADMIN or FULL the PAS will initialize the Rules Management which require an RTCS manage Registry.

Check for the presence of this message that reflect the choice for the usage mode:

01.14.37 STC38092  AGSTX0004I Requested registry rules usage mode is ADMIN  ssid

The name of the dataset backing the registry is specify in the same member using this parameter REGISTRY_DSN=hlq.RGRY. This dataset need to be pre-allocated. If the step that allocate it was missed during configuration, you can use BBSAMP(AAOAGSAL) to allocate a brand new one.

Hope this help, Gilles

P.S. if USAGE_MODE_RULES=OFF the Rules will be store in UBBPARM as it was historically.

• 6. Re: How do i MOUNT HFS/XFS file if not properly allocated to the CAS address space?
                    Gilles Robert

Simon provide the correct answer. This registry in the CAS is used to store user preference when Rules Management is in effect.

The registry in AutoOPERATOR is used to store Rules themselves, it is not a ZFS but rather an RTCS managed entity.

Sorry for the confusion.

• 7. Re: How do i MOUNT HFS/XFS file if not properly allocated to the CAS address space?
                      Andre Steyn

These messages are related to the AutoOPERATOR Rules Registry. In your AAOPLXxx in effect the parameter USAGE_MODE_RULES= is other than OFF, either ADMIN or FULL the PAS will initialize the Rules Management which require an RTCS manage Registry, this is what comes up in the AO PAS,"AA1137I  BBPARM member AAOPLX00 in use with USAGE_MODE_RULES=OFF  AOSD" and my AAOPLX00 has the following, but i see it was not customised....

AO_NAME=                                             
                      AOPLEX_NAME=aoplex-name                              
                      AOPLEX_XCF_GROUP=aoplex-xcf-name                     
                      REGISTRY_DSN=your-registry-dataset-name              
                      REGISTRY_WARNHWM=75                      0-99    
                      USAGE_MODE_RULES=OFF                     OFF|ADMIN|FULL
                      FORCE_CLASSIC_RSNAMES=YES                YES|NO  
                      AGSLOG=YES                               YES|NO  
                      AGSLOG_FAILOVER=JRNL                     JRNL|WTO|NONE
                      FORCEWTO=NO                              YES|NO  
                      AGSJRNL=YES                              YES|NO  
                      AUDIT_STARTUP_RULESETS=NO                YES|NO  
                      TXDEBUG=NO                                           
                      TFDEBUG=NO                                           
                      RYDEBUG=NO                                           
                      LXDEBUG=NO                                           
                      CXDEBUG=NO                                           
                      RULEDEBUG=NO                                         
                      RSETDEBUG=NO                                         
                      PASDDEBUG=NO                                         
                      CRGDEBUG=NO                                          
                      RULPDEBUG=NO                                         
                      SETBDEBUG=NO                                         
                      ASYSDEBUG=NO                                         

So i will try and make the required changes

Thank you

Andre

• 8. Re: How do i MOUNT HFS/XFS file if not properly allocated to the CAS address space?
                        Gilles Robert

Hello Andre,

Please ensure the HFSPATH in your CAS show the its registry is active. As Simon indicated, this is very likely the reason you will were these messages you first reported first

Having USAGE_MODE_RULES=OFF  indicate Rules Management is not in effect. So prior to changing it to ADMIN or FULL, validate the VIEW HFSPATH in PLEXMGR shows Active for the CAS name in question (per your context). It is possible to leave the mode OFF depending on which style of Rule editing you want to use.

Hope this help, Gilles

2020/09/14 08:37:22 -------------------------------- MAINVIEW WINDOW INTERFACE (V6.3.00) ------------------------------------------

COMMAND  ===>                                                                                                     SCROLL ===> CSR

CURR WIN ===> 1        ALT WIN ===>

>W1 =HFSPATH===========BMCA=====*========2020/09/14=08:36:42====PLEXMGR==D====2====================================================

CMD CAS      SSID Shared Status   Path                           Source           Upd      DSN

--- Name---- ---- ------ -------- Data--------                   ------------     UserId-- Name-------

BMCA     BBCS No     Active   /shrd/local/BMCSCM/BMCA        RTCS Registry    MTAJXC   BMCSCM.ZSCA.CASRGRY

BMCB     BBCS No              /shrd/local/BMCSCM/BMCB        RTCS Registry    RDCGXR