1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 28, 2020 10:25 AM by Mark Francome

In Control-M: Is it possible to Dynamically Name a Global Variable?

Nancy Thompson
      Share This:

I am trying to eliminate hundreds of changes to scheduling records.  I have been asked to provide Job start times - so down-line jobs can reference that information.  Instead of editing hundreds of individual Scheduling records with a unique global variable name....Is it possible to dynamically name a unique global variable specific for each job?

Thank you,

Nancy   

• 1. Re: In Control-M: Is it possible to Dynamically Name a Global Variable?
          Mark Francome

Yes, the ctmvar utility can be used for this or you can set variables within the job def or as part of post-processing.

E.g. for ctmvar -

ctmvar -action set -var "%%\MY_JOB_START" -varexpr %%TIME

be aware that the time variable "%%MY_JOB_START" will be set to when you are running this command, so some experimentation may be required. Maybe use the prev field to run this first or use conditional processing if you are executing commands (to get the variable setting in up front).

Are planning on having lots of global variables? BMC have a general guideline that anything over 100 global variables can impact Control-M Server performance. As with all guidelines, you might find that this figure varies from site to site.

1 of 1 people found this helpful