2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 3, 2020 5:20 PM by Bentze Perlmutter

How to install two AAPI CLIs on a Windows server?

Bentze Perlmutter
      Share This:

Hi All,

Has anyone attempted to install two AAPI CLIs on a single Windows server?

The reason I'm thinking of doing this is to cater for a situation where I have two EM environments (e.g. PROD and DEV) that get AAPI REST upgrades at different times. If I had one AAPI CLI connecting to both it would get upgraded when the first EM environment AAPI REST got upgraded and might stop working with the second EM environment.

So was wondering if anyone encountered such a scenario and what approach you took?

I was thinking of installing two AAPI CLIs on my Windows host, used by the third-party application (in this case BMC AO), to make calls to either of the EM environments.

To achieve this I was going to use Mun Keong Lee suggestion in a different thread to be able to control where AAPI CLI gets installed.

e.g.

npm set prefix c:\npm\ctmaapi1

npm -g install ctm-cli.tgz          #It should get installed into c:\npm\ctmaapi1

npm set prefix c:\npm\ctmaapi2

npm -g install ctm-cli.tgz          #It should get installed into c:\npm\ctmaapi2

If anyone has done something like this, or has any other ideas, I'll be happy if you share your thoughts.

Thanks,

Bentze