3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 29, 2020 10:37 AM by Jeffrey Jordan

issue kicking users off controlm gui

Jeffrey Jordan
      Share This:

I've had issue where when I kick user off the gui from the control shell, it seems to say it has kicked them off but when I do the pgui, it still shows them as logged in & even tried shutting down controlm server & when it comes back up, it still shows them as logged in. I have a user that used to be emuser admin that I need to get them logged out as emuser as they're demoted from admin functions so don't need to be emuser admin user plus I'm changing the emuser pw so they can't log in as that user anymore yet until they're logged out, the new pw won't take affect for them. Any ideas? We're all remote so kinda hard to see if they're truly logged out or not other than what I see from pgui or puser command.

• 1. Re: issue kicking users off controlm gui
          Paul Robins

Have you tried bouncing the GUI server from CCM?

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: issue kicking users off controlm gui
            Bentze Perlmutter

Hi Jeffrey,

In older versions 'kick' used to really close their connection, they would get back to the login window, but in one of the recent versions (maybe v18) BMC changed this and now the 'kick' only closes their View Point. I'm not sure what purpose this servers, I tend to think this was just an oversight by BMC not an intentional change.

So I think in your case the only option is to recycle the GUI Server, as Paul Robins suggests, and/or CMS (if the user is logged into the CMS from a CCM GUI).

Regards,

Bentze

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • 3. Re: issue kicking users off controlm gui
              Jeffrey Jordan

I did reboot the server which would bounce the gui & some users would drop but others would stay logged in & they were one of them. For what ever reason the kick worked this time but had issues where it didn't work so I'm good now & user was kicked out so if they try to come back in they won't be able to sign in. A headache I'm glad to get rid of, I've been cleaning up their bad admin stuff since I took over 3-4 yrs ago. They we admin of our old Solaris 7.0 controlm but are now just a regular user.