4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 26, 2020 5:08 AM by Sidhdesh Punaskar

Approval emails mail box

Majd Alsadi
      Share This:

Dears,

I have two outgoing mall box in our environment one is the default and the other one used for change management in custom filters notification, now the approval email that you can approve the change from it is still sending from the default one.

How i can change it to the other mail box.

Regards,

• 1. Re: Approval emails mail box
          Sidhdesh Punaskar

what is ITSM version?

• 2. Re: Approval emails mail box
            Sidhdesh Punaskar

Try this

Create a copy of existing filter : NTE:NTS:Email_200_SystemNT_with_EmailTemplate_SMIT

Lets name it as NTE:NTS:Email_200_SystemNT_with_EmailTemplate_SMIT_ChangeApproval

In original filter: Append qual:

Form Name01 != "CHG:ChangeAPDetailSignature"

In new filter (NTE:NTS:Email_200_SystemNT_with_EmailTemplate_SMIT_ChangeApproval)  which is copied from above filter append qual:

Form Name01 = "CHG:ChangeAPDetailSignature"

Now, in second action which is Notify

click on "Show Unused Fields"

And hard code your mailbox in this filter.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Approval emails mail box
              Majd Alsadi

Dear Sidhdesh,

Thank you for your reply

But i notice on your provided filter there is an call guide and one of the filters in the call guide : INT:RBEEML:GetMailMailServerUsers

In the set field qualification is when the default mail box = "Yes" it will set some fields.

Is it ok ?? as i'm afraid that it will affect some other functionality.

Regards,

• 4. Re: Approval emails mail box
                Sidhdesh Punaskar

In original filter, we are bypassing the notification only related to change approvals -Form Name01 != "CHG:ChangeAPDetailSignature"

In custom filter, we have hard coded mailbox name in notify action itself and it will only run for change approval notifications (even no other application approvals) and use mailbox defined in notify action.

I would suggest to test this in lower environment to find out impact on other functionality before implementing in PROD