1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 16, 2020 8:51 AM by Amit Jaiswal

How to create a Report that would Show the % of Incidents Resolved using Knowledge Article

Michael Vincent Condez
      Share This:

Hi,

objective is to be able to create a report that would show the percentage of tickets were resolved with a linked Knowledge Article in it against the total incidents created or resolved at the same time.

BMC also tried to help by creating a new type of report where Incident and Knowledge Article with Linked Incidents, unfortunately i am unable to bucket those with Linked and those without... intent for bucking is to create the formula that would compute the %.

Ideally i would be interested to see this % on a monthly basis as well.

just in case anyone of you knows how to go about this or have any idea at all.

btw, i also tried creating a summary formula, with the intent to have values of 1 or 0, 1 if there is linked incident and 0 if the linked knowledge article is Null. but could not get this thru as well.

• 1. Re: How to create a Report that would Show the % of Incidents Resolved using Knowledge Article
          Amit Jaiswal

Hi Michael,

I can possibly think of a custom process which potentially can work (but haven't actually tried).

It is based on the theory that whenever any agent resolves a case with the KB, the resolution field is automatically populated with the KB links.

Whenever a record is saved with the Resolution Linke KB to Incident record is created/updated in Incident, fire a workflow which basically checks for the keywords to determine if the

Incident Resolution contains "Knowledge article link for Self Service clients: https://selfservice-

Then do a field update to set a boolean field "Resolved with KB" = TRUE

Now in your reporting you can create filters/graphs on this field very easily.