[First, I wanted to mention that I found this thread and followed most of the steps that solved the problem for that user, but either I am not understanding one of their steps or their fix doesn't work in my situation.]
I created a job and transformation in AI Spoon based on CI-CMDB_Express, but importing bulk inventory (as that integration is not provided OOTB). I then created a Data Management job in the Data Management Console and ran it. The result is that all the new CIs are imported to BMC.AM:BMC_BulkInventory in the BMC.ITSM.CI.DATA dataset (as expected). However, the job gets stuck there - showing the 'Load' step as 'In Progress' and the 'Validate' and 'Promote' steps stay in Queue forever. As a result, the new CIs are not visible in Asset Management (because they haven't been promoted). When I go to Atrium Core Console and run the 'BMC Asset Management CI DATA LOAD' reconciliation job, that does run, however when I try to make any edit to the new CI record it says "ARERR  Entry does not exist in database." Additionally, there are then duplicate records - one in the production (BMC.ASSET) dataset and the other in BMC.ITSM.CI.DATA.
As mentioned at the top, I've tried all the steps that solved this problem for another user with no success. Here are a few additional details on what I've tried (based on that other article I mentioned):
- Verified that the password in UDM:RAppPassword was correct
- Verified that the share configured in System Configuration Settings is working (a folder is created when the job runs)
- Created an overlay and assigned DMT:DJS:SetStatus to pool 5 (arjavaplugin logs show the job running on 'pool-5-thread-19') - this was previously set to '4'
- Set 'Escalation' queue (in Server Information > Ports and Queues) for Min and Max both to '5' - was previously set to '1'
- Changed 'Master' entry in UDM:Repository:Slave to the server name (was previously 'localhost')
- However, when I went back in to check, this appears to have reverted back to 'localhost'
- I'm not sure what port this should be. The original default setting is 9000, but what port does this specify in ar.cfg? The Plugin-Port? Db-Server-Port? Other?
- I wasn't sure about what needed to be updated in the Data Store Connection or CAI:AppRegistry mentioned in the other thread, so I didn't make any changes there.