4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 31, 2020 7:41 AM by Baron Guillaume

Lot of relationship for a server and a way to count them

Baron Guillaume
      Share This:

Hello,

I'm using ADDM 11.3.0.5 and found (while syncing to atrium CMDB) that some servers can have more that 400000 attributes and 20000 relations

TimeLabelKindAttributes writtenConfiguration ItemsRelationshipsStatus
      2020-07-30 12:33:34MyBigHostBMC_ComputerSystemWritten: 0 Total: 442787Considered: 21083 Inserted: 0 Updated: 0 Deleted: 0Considered: 21083 Inserted: 0 Updated: 0 Deleted: 0Resync only

Is there a query that returns count of attributes for each host ?

Is there a query that returns count of relations for each host ?

Is there a query that returns the list of attributes for one host ?

Is there a query that returns the list of relations for one host ?

Thank you

• 1. Re: Lot of relationship for a server and a way to count them
          Brice-Emmanuel Loiseaux

This is not the server itself that has these numbers of attributes, CIs and Rels. These counts refer to the CI graph that is synchronized, whose root is the BMC_ComputerSystem, that is connected to other CIs via Relationships, these other CIs also being connected to other CIs via Relationships, etc..., all CIs and Rels having a number of attributes set.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Lot of relationship for a server and a way to count them
            Bob Anderson

Several questions needed here.

This seems like a lot of attributes and relationships.

Can you share a Host profile PDF for this host?  If not publicly, as a private message to Brice-Emmanuel and myself?

Do you have custom discovery patterns that create additional attributes on the Host or create other relationships to other nodes? If so, please share

Do you have custom syncmapping patterns that sync additional attributes and relationships to the CMDB?  If so, please share

Do you have application models (SAAM, CAM, or TPL) that include this Host? If so, please share.

This 'feels' like a SAAM application model that has as automatically included as much as it can and has not been 'pruned' using  'Manage -> Model Rules'. And, as Brice-Emmanuel mentioned, this could add up to a lot of other attributes and relationships.

To answer your 4 questions, there is no simple set of queries to do this, as each 'type' of Host will have different sets of attributes, and each Host will have different software running on them, different storage volumes used by them, connected to different network switches/routers etc.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Lot of relationship for a server and a way to count them
              Duncan Grisby

You can very easily see all the data that is constructed for that Host. Put CMDB sync into debug log mode and sync that one Host. Then in tw_svc_cmdbsync_transformer.log you will see a huge dump of all the CIs and relationships.

2 of 2 people found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Lot of relationship for a server and a way to count them
                Baron Guillaume

Hello,

I do have TPL that creates objects and relations and I don't use CAM or SAAM.

I do have custom SyncMapping in order to force ComponentAliases and PublishToSIM to our needs.

I have destroyed theses hosts from the scanner and consolidation.

The next discovery and CMSB sync showed a better result.

TimeLabelKindAttributes writtenConfiguration ItemsRelationshipsStatus
                2020-07-31 14:02:58MyBigHostBMC_ComputerSystemWritten: 55 Total: 55Considered: 3 Inserted: 2 Updated: 0 Deleted: 0Considered: 2 Inserted: 2 Updated: 0 Deleted: 0Okay

It may have resulted from a messy template.

Now this is fixed.

Thank you for your responses that can be used later when I find another strange host.

Regards, Guillaume