1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 31, 2020 2:29 PM by Ben Davies

How do I order the output of an Analysis that is a of Type "Last Values - Table"?

Jane Case
      Share This:

How do I order the output of an Analysis that is a of Type "Last Values - Table"?

When I run the Analysis it looks to be in order by system name but when I include it in a report it is out of order.  I can't tell what order it's using.

• 1. Re: How do I order the output of an Analysis that is a of Type "Last Values - Table"?
          Ben Davies

Jane Case  The short answer is that the option to force this order is not available in the configuration chart as it is in the line charts.   Your chart is in order because you clicked on the title cell forcing order on your screen but not in the original analysis

The next opportunity to order is in the PDF report step, but even then, that takes the default order of all devices per chart OR the default order of devices one chart at a time.

The longer answer is that this seems a good request for enhancement.  Specifically:

Request that table type reports allow for the "Sort Series By" option  (the yellow box).   We realize that values ascending and descending is problematic as you would need to define which metric, However, allowing a "Label Ascending" and descending is a useful feature especially when combined with grouping analysis together in reports where customers (managers) can find their items in alphabetical order.

Full disclosure we reviewed the use case on a phone call as the specific use case was not well defined in the original question.

1 of 1 people found this helpful