2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 29, 2020 11:28 AM by Amit Oberoi

BMC Helix Discovery :  Adminstration > Active sessions

Amit Oberoi
      Share This:

The active sessions in  helix discovery is showing some unknown users. This behavior is observed after integrating with SSO. What should !be the reason for this Unknown users?

• 1. Re: BMC Helix Discovery :  Adminstration > Active sessions
          Brice-Emmanuel Loiseaux

Never saw this. Do you know if the number of lines here is compliant with the number of active sessions that you expect to be displayed?

• 2. Re: BMC Helix Discovery :  Adminstration > Active sessions
            Amit Oberoi

Hello Brice-Emmanuel Loiseaux

Thanks a lot for your time.

It`s not. We have only 5 users  ( configured in helix )  in one of our Helix environment however the active sessions are more ( i.e. approx. 20 unknown active sessions ).

Some major observations :

1.  Active session tab is  displaying expected result :

a. Me and my colleague :  We are using BYPASS URL. Our profile is not configured in client`s AD.

b. One of the client : She is frequent user of Helix and her profile configured in SSO.

c. Since we have only 2 other profiles and they are not frequent user of Helix. We are not sure from unknown active sessions are coming.

Note : Also as  expected our sessions are going as soon as we are logging off from Helix.

2. The issue was first observed after SSO integration.

3. Last observation : After restart,  I observed that the count of unknown users was again back to zero but  again started increasing to the same count ( i.e. approx. 20 unknown active sessions ).