3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 10, 2020 8:41 AM by Bentze Perlmutter

File_watcher_Job - FileName

Marouen Kahia
      Share This:

Hello!

Need to perform the following processing:

When receiving any file with a name that begins with 'prlv' another job must be executed, knowing that the numbers following the word 'prlv' consist of a date and a sequential number.

NB: If we put the full name of the file, the job ended OK

I think there are some variables to configure, right?

Thank you in advance.

Marouen Kahia

• 1. Re: File_watcher_Job - FileName
          Bentze Perlmutter

Hi Marouen,

You can use wild cards in the filename to watch.

e.g.

prlv*

or

prlv_??????_?????_*

* = any number of characters

? = single character

If you know that the date in the file is always current_date, and you don't want to use wild cards for the date because that may pickup a previous day's file, you can use one of the Control-M System Variables for date.

e.g.

For current date in YYYYMMDD format: prlv_%%$DATE.* (the dot is to concatenate values so is required in this example)

For current date in YYMMDD format: prlv_%%DATE.*

For Control-M Order Date (=Business Date) in YYYYMMDD format: prlv_%%$ODATE.*

For Control-M Order Date (=Business Date) in YYMMDD format: prlv_%%ODATE.*

In all of the above, Control-M resolves the variable to a value at the time the job gets submitted and then the file watcher looks for that value.

Exmaple:

prlv_%%$DATE.* will be resolved to prlv_20200710* and the value being searched for will be prlv_20200710*.

You can read more about Control-M Variables here: Control-M 9.0.19.200 Control-M Documentation - Control-M - BMC Documentation 

Especially look at the sections "Control-M system variables", "String Expressions" and "Variable functions" (there is a function that lets you make date calculations (e.g. today's date -1)).

Regards,

Bentze

2 of 2 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: File_watcher_Job - FileName
            Marouen Kahia

Thanks, it works!

Regarding the path file, need to replace 'space' character. So I used '?' but it doesn't work. Did you have an idea?

• 3. Re: File_watcher_Job - FileName
              Bentze Perlmutter

You're welcome.

If I'm not mistaken the wild cards of * and ? can only be used in the file name and not the path.

But, I thought Control-M will automatically put double-quotes around the path so that should handle spaces.

If you find it doesn't, you can try to use %%BLANK1 which should resolve to 1 blank. (you can use %%BLANK2 for two blanks and up to 214)

Example:

Path/File to Watch: C:\My%%BLANK1.Files\prlv_%%$ODATE.*

Should resolve to: C:\My Files\prlv_20200710*

Regards,

Bentze